Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Putz can't putt putt

I'm a scofflaw. I'm living out on the fuzzy edge of society. I am without any real redeeming qualities. Why? Because I had to remember the 3 year anniversary of a random date and didn't.

7 March is the date. It's the date I got my drivers license from the base drivers license office. It's good for 3 years, but no reminder is issued. You just gotta remember it. Used to be you had 3o days grace period from expiration date to renew it. Now, they have changed it to "up to 90 days prior" to expiration. And how do you know the policy has changed? By going down to the office and seeing it posted on their bulletin board, that's how.

Yep, we all routinely say to ourselves, "It's such a pretty day outside. I think I'll head on over to the drivers license office and see if they've made any exciting new rules changes." And since I didn't do that, I'm now without a valid license.

So tomorrow I gotta waste the day sitting through the Welcome Aboard lecture (after 11 years here) so I can hear the part about how important it is to drive safely (again), so my name will appear on the muster, so I can schedule a written test that I gotta pass so I can schedule a driving test, so I can regain my 3 year license that I will only need for 3 months, so I can register my car and get the base sticker I need so I can come in to work everyday and rub elbows with these pinheads. Yeehaw!

Life should really be more user friendly, don't you think? By the way, they have the concept of left turn on red. But there has to be a sign saying that you can. Unlike our right on red which is automatically allowed unless a sign says not to. So, as I have travelled all over this fine country, want to guess how many signs I've seen saying left on red is permitted? Uh, ZERO.

Fuming, out
Travelin' Ed


0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home