Thursday, April 28, 2005

Yep, I've watched my share of Oprah

I was perusing the pages of The Neo-Libertarian today and ran across this interesting tidbit. And if you go there and find it too, you'll see just how far down the page I got. Although, to be fair, I stopped right after this article.

It takes four tons of coal to provide the power needs of one inhabitant of Chicago's Lake Shore Drive for a year. A few ounces of uranium could cover the same need. There is also the damage to the environment. The central hypocrisy of the green movement in our era is that anti-nuclear policy has driven the U.S. to use the hydrocarbon fuels so much opposed by the anti-global warming movement. Or, as Huber puts it: "If we had simply built all the plants that were in the pipeline at the time of Three Mile Island, then we would have reduced current coal combustion sufficiently to satisfy the Kyoto treaty."

So, basically, really, global warming is caused by environmental activism.


I agreed with a lot of stuff on the site and not with some of the rest. I think that when it comes to politics, I'm like the book "He's Just Not That Into You". (Yep, I've watched my share of Oprah.) I used to be so sure of my political affiliation. Now it's more of a political confliction and I wish Mr. Potato-Head was a candidate so I could stick on the stuff I like and pull off the stuff I don't. Arrrggghhh! Don't want to vote for any of 'em, and scared not to vote for someone. How can selecting the lesser of two evils be a good thing? Did I already mention Arrrggghhh!??

Diluvial, Out
Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home