Wednesday, January 12, 2005

You Still Shine

You Still Shine

Been off and long gone
Chasing after rainbows and songs
Way too long.
What have I found?
A bunch of different ways to bum around.

Caught you in a glimpse
Again and again
So many miles away but you still shine.
Like a star that was lost
from that old southern cross.
And if I have one regret it's that you'll never be mine.

As the days come and go
A heart always shows
The scars it wears as proudly as tattoos.
This one's from the navy
This one's from my baby
This one's from the Philippines for who knows who.

The sun's hanging low
And I gotta go
I never was too good at hanging 'round.
Like your old favorite song
I was already gone
By the time you figured out to set me free.

I said the sun's hanging low
Now I gotta go
I never couldn't ever hang around.
Like your old favorite song
I'm already gone
An old restless rambler, that's me.

Ed
Okinawa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home