Sunday, January 09, 2005

New Pictures from Thailand

This pic is for the marines out there. Read the town's name out loud. Tambon Welcome sign.

Papa & Massom took us up to Chang Mai to stay in their apartment. That was cool of them.

Here's a view from inside a tuk-tuk. And here's fun transport if you are not in a hurry and have your life insurance paid up. Not sure what they call it, I call it a bike tuk-tuk.

Pictures from the great temple (Wat something or other) on the top of the mountian in Chang Mai. The elephant buddha, sunburst buddha, buddha line-up, reclining buddha,and the jade buddha. Check out this multi-headed dragon. This dude is at another small wat we went to the next day. By the way, ever wonder how buddah actually gets to the wat? I thought maybe there was some cosmic travel involved. Well, cosmic in a Toyota sort of way.

Every meal is a barbecue cause almost everything is cooked outdoors. This was lunch just outside the entrance to the hot springs we visited. Inside, we soaked some, made new friends, ate again (check out the menu, especially #11 & #13), and enjoyed the gardens.

Here is a pic of Bangkok, and another view.

There was downtime in the hotel room, but sometimes it was ESPECIALLY ENJOYABLE! Yowzer, it was fun making that pic. twice before I proclaimed it "not right", so I could do the pose again. Then I convinced Lee to do it too, although there was not a lot of arm twisiting involved HaHa.

My most daring pose. Could you read the sign? Here's a close-up to help. Actually, I was 3 doors down from here when our troops rolled in and the war started.

Remember I kept posting about the outdoor cafe we ate at everynight with friends? Here's our favorite waitress. Here's a bunch of our friends on the night we spent $77 dollars and I got all buzzed and karaoked. Here's just the girls. I am proudest of this. It is possibly the only picture of Nong where she looks like the pretty girl she is. Usually she makes a pig face for the camera. Who knows? You can also tell by the way me and Bobby have lost our sharp edges that the fuzziness has begun for the evening.

OK, that catches you up on the photos for now. Tomorrow I have some other things planned. Look for the Thailand Dec04-Jan05 album on my web page and you'll find a few more photos, although I got most of the high points.

Yeast, out.
Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home