Sunday, January 02, 2005

Louisiana Memory

I was remembering something today as we travelled by cab to somewhere to eat. I was watching the cityscape go by and memorizing as much as I could. I can get around Bangkok pretty good by now, but it's a big city and I always try to learn more.

Anyway, unlike Japan where every single place in every city looks pretty much the same, BKK has districts and distinct markets and such, so you can learn your way around. I was thinking about that which got me thinking about this.

I was in rural Webster Parish Louisiana and had been invited to fish a farm pond. All I had to do was go down there (as opposed, I suppose, to the pond coming to me). Having never been there before I asked a Louisianian (the place is just crawling with them) how to get there.

"Ya know where old man Fizer stays? You turn off just past his place." was the first directions I got, but they were not real useful to me. "Uh, no.", I replied.

"Wellllll, then take this road right here up to the blinkin' light and go left. Follow that on down and turn right on the 3rd paved road past the last bottom bridge and you'll see it right soon after that. Good fishin'.".

I swear, I did not make that up. It reall happened and I actually ended up fishing on the Dorcheat Creek that day. Later I had the guy that owned the pond show me how to get there.

PS: Grandmom is doing fine now and will be home maybe tomorrow.

Peices parts, out.
Travelin' Ed


0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home