Thursday, December 23, 2004

Pradiphat Road, Saphan Kwai

In an internet cafe in Saphan Kwai right now. It's a quiet area. Went to Ko Kret yesterday. Ko is the Thai word for island. It had about 5 temples on it and was apparently pottery central because everybody was making pottery, selling pottery, selling coffee in what were basically flower pots with a straw. I got the whole coffee thing on tape.

I took my video camera and got some footage. Not a lot. 10 min. maybe. The island is in the Chaya Prao (I can never spell that off the top of my head) river. So I got some decent footage of the different go-fast boats.

Hard to believe tomorrow is Christmas. Don't guess I'll do much of anything. Maybe hit the town and see what the tourists have going on.

I bought 3 tailored suits (coat, trousers, vest), 11 dress slacks and 11 dress shirts. The whole shebang was $1,200, which I found fair, especially in light of the fabrics I chose.

I got him to make the slacks with these elastic sliders in the waist that allows the sizes to go from 36-42. That ought to give me plenty of leeway. See, once before I bought myself a nice, hand tailored suit for a little over $300 but didn't wear it immediately. When I did I had gotten too big for it. So now I make the tailor give me a little leeway for weight fluctuations right from the git go.

I know, long and boring. Maybe I'll have some stories to tell soon.

Pikes out,
Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home