Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Lemme tell ya: The sk story

Remember the assignment America I gave you guys? Well, none of you did it!!

However, let me tell you about sk. I've known her since forever. She cooked me my first omlette, something she has repeatedly reminded me about over the years. She, like most of the other women that have wandered into and out of my life, became my good friend. I make friends with a lot of women. Being friends is preferrable actually, since the restraining orders, harassment suits and stalking charges eventually become tiresome when I choose to try to be "more than just friends". I am nothing if not a slow learner. Don't let my nickname, Fast Eddie, fool you.

She has also been sending me songs with a monkey theme. Unsolicited, too. Aaahhh yes, a warped woman is good to find. I would normally tell you stories from our high school days about now, but she actually grew up to be quite the respectable woman (I know, who'd have thunk it?) so I'll just keep them as fond memories and spare her. But I will say this, I was pretty mild and introspective until I met her. And look where that's gotten me....

Anyway, sk did my Assignment America, except that she didn't do mine, she made up her own. Blew me away for two reasons. 1) I find that kind of thing to be quite disrespectful. No, I mean it. And, 2) Her idea was wa-a-a-y better than mine. All I could do was say "Whoa, yo. That's a good idea bro*." So, let me share her e-mail with you. Then, you can either add your own entries using the comment function or e-mail them to me and I'll post 'em proper.

I did your homework assignment a bit differently but then what is new there- my twist on life is always with lime please!

Imagine two songs by different artists who share the title and must share the lime light as they sing together-hmmmmm these are all songs on my play list.

Stuck Inside Of Mobile With Tweeter and the Monkey Man
Stuck Inside Of Mobile With the Memphis Blues- Bob Dylan
Tweeter and the Monkey Man- Traveling Wilburys

Stuck In the Middle With Cross Eyed Mary
Stuck in the Middle with You- Stealer's Wheel
Cross Eyed Mary- Jethro Tull

Smells Like Big Fat Mama
Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana
Big Fat Mama- Pinetop Perkins

Wild Women Don’t Get the Blues Pissing In the Wind
Wild Women Don’t Get the Blues- Lyle Lovette
Pissing In the Wind- John Prine

Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep- An Acceptable Level of Ecstasy
Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep- Dr. Demento
An Acceptable Level of Ecstasy- Lyle Lovette

Fart Doctor I Wont Back Down
Fart Doctor- Dr. Demento
I Won't Back Down- Traveling Wilburys

So this is kinda fun. I will discover more as I play. Your turn!


I will say that I'm having a pretty hard time with this. I can't think of too many of the songs I know. And then they have a tendancy to sound kinda gay when I do, for example:

When Johnny comes marching home again I touch myself
When Johnny comes marching home again- Traditional
I touch myself- The Divinyls

Yankee Doodle Dead drunk and naked
Yankee Doodle- Traditional
Dead drunk and naked- Drive By Truckers

Panties in your purse: The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
Panties in yor purse- Drive By Truckers
The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald- Gordon Lightfoot

Oh hell, this could be really, really fun. Think I'm gonna have to make me a list. Thanks, sk. You're trippy.

Badinage**, out
Travelin' Ed

* Yes, I'm still all about "the street".
** Whoa, dude. This totally random actually applies. Look it up yourself.

2 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

sounds like when you were a young boy you sniffed alot of glue, mom sent you to rehab they told you what to do...Oh well now you can just drink whiskey and blog around with your freinds.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

C'mon AI. Give me a difficult one. That was so-o-oo easy.
Travelin' Ed

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home