Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Poems and pictures and bares. Oh my.

OK, there ain't gonna be any bares. And trust me, you'll thank me for that. I've seen me naked, and...and...well, it is not a pleasant sight. But still, the title is good and catchy and who doesn't take a little license now and then for a catchy phrase or title? OK, besides you.

Like I told you before, when I've got nuthin', and I mean a whole bunch of nuthin', I post a poem or picture. What you don't know now, but you will in just a second or two, is that I'm getting ready to post a poem. Yep, and last night I posted pictures. So what does that tell you? (Oh good grief...it tells you I got nuthin', aren't you listening!?)

Enjoy. I live for your approval.

Reflections Like a Mirror

I'd curse you but I guess
that it ain't your fault I got lonely.
My smile that fades to nothin'
hides the reasons I go on.
Though I knew you like I know
I never knew a lot of others.
Everything is not so easy as
a simple right or wrong.

I've gotta tell you that I loved you
Though you knew I wouldn't stay
I held your heartbeat for a moment
when our sparks flew bright as day.

Found the dancing lights I followed
out on one long, endless highway.
Every night to hang my hat up
in a place I'd not call home.
Maybe what you saw in me
was just reflections like a mirror
Shows you what you need to see
and not what's hidden in the soul.

I've gotta tell you when I held you
time stood still as when we lay out
'neath a night sky stretched forever
and our sparks flew bright as day.

(bridge)
If I could I'd bind my heart
all up into a velvet prison
But in the end we both know
that ain't something that we'll see
And wishing for what might have been
ain't gonna get us nowhere
Still we should smile,
'cause for a while
our sparks flew bright as day.

People that might meet me
could believe that I've stopped trying
It's easy to misunderstand
the weariness I've known.
But if they'd walk a mile
as they say, in my shoes, by morning
I'm pretty sure they'd understand
regret's a heavy load.

Ed
Cigar Porch
Zushi City

Criterium (OK, Gunner, you'll approve of this one), out
Travelin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

I'm no poet, but hints of unrequited love or an untenable situation. But the last line did strike a small chord, especially after 58 yrs of living.

"regret's a heavy load."

Yes, it is and while it's difficult to banish it from your thoughts completely, as something will always come along to remind you, it's not good for the psyche.

If only I'd have...
If only she'd have...
If only they'd have...

We've all got something in our past we can use to finish those 3 sentences, but it's best to just release 'em, let 'em go, as they can sure weigh you down.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Well, Gunner, as you can see I'm no real poet either. My buddy calls me
"The Alien Child Playing With Words". I think that's an apt enough description. I do love words. I know you enjoy words,too, but for me the fun is in slingin' 'em. Bouncing them against each other and making them flow.

So if I get me some time on the cigar porch and my mind starts stringing the words together, well I just grab the Palm Pilot and start getting it down.

I'm not a real romantic type, pretty sure I'm not a ladies man in the true sense of the word, and I have my share of regrets.

Luckily, I can rhyme things on down to paper and then move on. That's why I'm pretty freakin' happy all the time. Yep, I really think that's why.

Ed

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home