Sunday, June 26, 2005

Good eating. And profitable, too.

Mepps Squirrel Tail Recycling Program

Mepps asks all squirrel hunters to please recycle their squirrel tails. We have been buying the tails of fox, black and gray squirrels for more than three decades; they are used to dress the hooks of our spinners. Hundreds of other materials, both natural and synthetic, have been tested, and nothing else works as well. We will pay up to 26 cents each for tails, depending on quantity and quality. If you would like to exchange the tails for Mepps lures, their cash value is doubled.

Most folks that send us squirrel tails double their value by trading them for Mepps lures. All-in-all, not a bad deal. They get a great day afield and get to enjoy the stew, too. Then they take the part they used to throw away, offer it to us to recycle and we send them Mepps spinners in return. What a deal! (Seriously, that's a really good deal. - Ed.)

Please Note: It's illegal to sell squirrel tails in the states of CA, ID, OR and TX (But lucky for us, we don't live in those places. - Ed.)

Curtal, out
Travelin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

The spinner - invented in France, I believe.

Years back I had a small one (size 0?) I'd put on an ultralight rod with a palm-sized Mitchell reel with 4 lb test and slay, that's slay mind you, slay bluegill and perch. Snagged it one day, lost it, got an exact replacement, but do you know that replacement never caught fish like the one that was lost.

Uh-oh, I hear those black helicopters, again.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

True: My friend DRE who writes songs with me a lot is also my favorite fishing buddy. Once he wrote me that on our next trip out he was going to slay them while I watched helplessly. I have addressed e-mail to him as "Fishslayer" ever since.

He and I both know what you found out too. In order to appease the fish gods, one lure per trip must be sacrificed on a submerged structure, or if submerged structures are not present, a tall, unforgiving tree. Why? That's just the way it is, Gunner.

Uh-oh. I hear the SH-60 helicopter again coming with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

Ed

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home