Saturday, June 11, 2005

Guest blogger --Jn


Hola, peeps!
I usually have enough verbal detrius to keep my blog going on my own. Is it always interesting? Well, really, how could it be? But is it always original? You betcha.

sk's fiesty offspring, Jn, has a blog of her own. After reading this post in it's entirety (you musn't lose sight of your priorities, after all) go to her link on the right hand side of this page and check her out. She has a most excellent take on the ordinary, a sly sense of humor, and a wickedly simple delivery. Reminds me a lot of me...if I were a girl...and educated.....and younger....and any good. Below is an excerpt of her latest post.(At this writing, of course. There's a liklihood she'll have future posts). So read it. Please.

A duel without the death

So over the past few days going round and round (If you havent figured this out yet you cannot just go round. If you go round once you ARE going to go round again) I connected some pretty interesting dots. I figured I would share so you can connect them too.

I have a cat. His name is Jazz and I have had him since I was like 3. Consequently he also has 3 legs. This allows him to mark his territory with easy, agility, and speed that most cats and only dream of. He worked out a system very early of how to work his way around the yard making only right turns so that everything got properly identified as his.

We have a garden. Unlike past years it has a fence. Not unlike past years everything comes in and eats our little plants. I'm not sure but I think part of it may stem from the fact that the fence doesnt go the whole way around the garden. Just a hunch. The fence doesnt really bother the baby rabbits anyway. Not much bothers them in fact. They can squeeze right through the holes in the fence and like to show off this trick while we are weeding right beside them. Mom can even throw rocks at them and they just kinda twitch their nose. Last time we were up there Jazz came by on his rounds. We addressed the problem of the rabbits to him and asked ever so politely if he would mind disposing of the baby bunnies. He didnt think the situation was so drastic that brute force was needed (and he is lazy) but he offered up another suggestion. He merely peed all over the fence where the rabbits were coming and going. We have no clue if this gesture will actually help in the fight to save our beans and corn but we are very greatful for his efforts on our behalf. -- Jn, Coal Miner's Daughter

I am not sure exactly why the consequences (for Jazz) of Jn having a cat since she was three were that he had to be 3-legged. But still, it's PA.......stranger things have happened.

Peace, out
Travelin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We are pretty hard on animals up here on the hill. Thats all it really means. -Jn

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home