Thursday, June 30, 2005

Payday, Yay day!

I know it's stupid. But I say it twice a month anyway. Furthermore, Hola peeps! (I'd use that upside down exclamation point, but I'd have to figure out what character map it's on and it's wa-a-a-ay too early for that kind of thing.)

Today is my next to last payday here. So this morning I had to stop an allotment and also redirect my salary down to Florida. That means next month, if all went well, my money will go to Florida. Of course, I will be here. I have worked it out with the bank manager that I can cash a $500 check each day, even if there's no money in my account here. So, I'll have to cash a check on July 15, 18, 19, 20 and 21. What a pain. But I had to do it now to verify it worked. If my salary does still come up here, at least I will have another chance to get it changed. Nevermind. This all makes sense to me.

All my affairs in Florida (house, car, phone, internet, cable, electricity, etc.) are more in order than here. Dad's doing Florida stuff and I'm doing Yoko stuff. Of course, here, I still have to use everything almost up to the day I leave. I still have to have my household goods packed, my place inspected, kill the phone, kill the cell phones, junk the car, close the bank account, get copies of medical/dental records, and more stuff I got written down at work. Dang, I don't look forward to this.

They gave us today, Friday, off. Just a phone in muster. Cool. A four day weekend. Likely the last one of my life. So I intend to put it to good use blogging and watching TV. Unless it quits raining in which case I'll...aw, who am I fooling? It wouldn't alter my plans a bit.

Jn and sk are back from the jungles. (Vn, too, but as far as I know he is not really a part of this here blogsphere.) A lot of you may not know this, but I like to travel, too. Sure do. I'm not sure how me and Jn are getting along these days, though, since I keep bothering her for a piece of bass. She has told me pretty much, "No bass for you". But she paid a guy to take a picture holding what I believe will be a giant fish. I just don't think it's a bass.

One nice thing about living here, as opposed to Pearl Harbor, HI is that here we don't have any meth labs in navy housing. Yes, it's the small things that you apprieciate the most.

OK. Wife is headed up to Chinatown in Yokohama today. That should free up some blogging time later on. Call me at 011-81-468-06-7901 from your touchtone or rotary phone if you just want to chat. E-mail me a phone number if you want me to call you. However, no calls will be accepted nor placed during The Late Show with David Letterman. No, seriously.

Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home