Tuesday, September 06, 2005

She bought me cheddar bunnies


I stole that title off another's blog. In some dark way it spoke to me. We'll leave it at that.

Wow! I just googled "cheddar bunny" and realized that while I don't have any, I do have the bunny's cousin, Annie's Shells and White Cheddar, right here in my very own plywood cupboard. Plywood cupboard, part of that 44% white trash in me.

I saw a pretty doggone good vulgar t-shirt at the mall yesterday. It was on a young man, perhaps 16, looked like a surfer boy dressed as a farm boy. Anyway, he had on a fairly plain looking blue t-shirt. In silhouette it had what looked to be a German Shepard standing tall and proud, ears (and I mean ears) erect, looking off as if into the distance whilst another, equally proud looking (as proud as a silhouette will look, anyway) German Shepard sniffs his butt. In simple lettering below it read LOVE STINKS. It was quite good. Kudos to the boy.

I saw another really cool one on a girl. T-shirt reading in Japan was fun only because they never made any sense, such as CHAIR WORKER CHOCOLATE BREEZE and stuff like that. Really made you wonder what they were smoking, er, thinking when they made it. I had forgotten how wicked witty some of our T's could be. Of course, I have since forgotten what hers said. And before any of you get started in on me, let me say this. Memory, not lechery. I seriously suffer the dreaded CRS.

I saw an 11 year old in a Ramones T-shirt. Yeah, right. I tried to buy Nong one that read TEACH ME THE RULES AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW TO BREAK THEM. It doesn't really apply that much, but I have found that most women think they're a little wild and unpredictable, so it don't hurt to play along sometimes. It was in a teen clothing store and I couldn't find it and the store was too packed with teeny boppers (is that still a word?) to expend too much effort. Besides, I'd already bought hear a phone and 2 sets of earrings.

The cat people were rather rambunctious last night and now I know why. When I got up this AM I found their favorite toy, a feather on a fishing pole in the wife's abdomen. Actually, it was more "on" her abdomen than "in" it. My bad.They had turned our peacefully sleeping bodies into a playground. Dang rambunctious cat people.

I always liked the saying, not sure if it was Confucious or Courtney Love, that says (Yep, a saying says, that what makes it a saying) "Treat your body like a temple. And on the weekends treat it as an amusement park." I also liked the line, which I think was from The Family Guy, that went "What are you laughing at? And if you say Jimmy Fallon, I'll know you're lying."

Remember these? Remember having stacks of them? Remember pondering if a handful of these or the fat device that just fit right over the skinny spindle and had little arms (wings? whatever) that dropped them one at a time was more convienient? Well, do you?

My first 45 was Counting Flowers on the Wall (B side: Billy Christian) by the Statler Bros which I played repeatedly on one of those giant console turntables with a brass faceplate that proclaimed it to be Hi-Fi. My first "rock" 45 was Dizzy by Tommy Roe. Which reminds me, doesn't Roe versus Wade seem more like a problem you'd only have if the foot bridge was out?

I had to choose last night between Fear Factor and the Miami/Florida State game. I chose the game. Eeeeenk!!* Wrong answer. It was amateur night in Tallahassee. I went home at halftime and crashed, well, after calling Gergook's sister The Beckster up in Pittsburgh first, only to find out Little B is AWOL from the Army and has every intention of becoming a deserter, yet for some reason they keep putting his paycheck into his bank in Ohio every 15th and 1st, and apparently, judging from the scoreboard feature on My Yahoo! I didn't miss a thing. Dang boring games. Should have gone with Joe (I need me some) Rogaine.

OK, well, I just stopped in to see what condition my condition was in.

* This is meant to be the sound that the "wrong answer" buzzer on a game show makes. I will entertain any offer of a better spelling that you may wish to pass along.

Gekkos and Skinks and frogs. Oh my. Out.

Ramblin' Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

First props to your for eating annie's. Mix in some canned peas and maybe a can o tuna and you will have the GC students meal of choice. Second I still use teeny bopper. While that doesnt mean it is still a word at least you arent alone. And sorry but I really had to reach into the depths of my brain to find '45'. Once I got it I knew how to spin it though if that counts for anything. Rabbit of Approval out - Jn

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home