Thursday, November 17, 2005

June 1985... Doo doo do do, feeling groovy

Roses I Gave You

Let me take you down in a pool of tears
For a lonely swim through the long and wasted years
It's where you had my love on a silver chain
Where now only ugly scars remain

Just to touch your face through the morning fog
To speak your name, like I've wanted for so long
Let me take you down so you can feel the chill
You'll know exactly how I feel

I knew a princess, loved me like a fairy tale
Rode me down easy on those thin, steel rails
There ain't no place to hide when your heart slowly falls
through the cracks in the street as you walk

As the smoke dances lightly to a tune all it's own
And my thoughts drifting off to the women I've known
Like the cracked mirror, there in your glory I face you
In spiked heels. In flowing white cotton

let me take you on out an old road too familiar
to walk down alone with a woman a killer
Sure, the roses I gave you all withered and faded
Silent reminders in crystaline vases
of love I should never have wasted

Ed
California (maybe)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home