Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Am I funny? Funny how? Do I amuse you?...

I knew I was fully a civilian when I noticed the flip flop tan line on my feet.

Broke 2 ropes but finally pulled a 30 year old boxwood bush out of the ground. Truly a worthy opponent. The bad part about breaking 2 ropes is that I only own one. So you can Dick Tracy the fact that I borrowed and broke someone else's rope, too. I'd say I regretted doing it, but have learned my lesson about saying that.

I did not get the warehouse job. Has to be blood pressure related as I know I passed the box lifting tests and drug screening. I don't know that I have high blood pressure, but then again, I don't know that I don't, either. Anyway, I can reapply and may.

I am interviewing down at the county jail in about 90 minutes. At this point I am far from choosy as to my new vocation. The guy I'm seeing knows my folks, is a veteran also, and said he knows well the frustration of trying to gain traction when you first retire. He's going to give me a tour of the jail then see what he can find that I could do. Hopefully something as I'm starting to think it may be me who is all goobered up.
Anyway, if I do get the job, I would like to be referred to formally as John R. Law, or informally as Johnny Law. And I will live for the day that I can muster up my best drawl to say, "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

I'm guessing that one way or another I could find myself in the jail. I reckon.

You've been toad, out
Ramblin' Ed

4 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

Good Luck my friend. I will be praying for you.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well, I'm waiting. It's best to work for Vets. Take it from me, they have better attitudes. You can check Helmets to Hard Hats.

Ed, just don't piss off the boy's from Alabama. OK?

12:38 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

AI, what a great reference. I love that song. I was gonna post the lyrics to it once, but the lyrics read kind of disjointed without the music so I skipped it.

Still, you nailed it dude.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

That's good to know Ed.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home