Thursday, November 03, 2005

May I have another troll, please?


I made cupcakes yesterday. Little star spangled Fourth of July cupcakes with white icing. I made the cake, I filled the cups. Of course, I didn't have the metal cupcake pan that I needed, so I let the paper cups stand free. The cupcakes taste great. They are, however, misshapen. Twisted and gnarly. If they were people, they'd be trolls. I have said here many times... baking plumb escapes me.

I also made pecan waffles that could be used as olympic shot puts. Tastes great! Less appealing! Tastes great!...

I took a few pictures around the house. Don't know how long it will last. I seem to have lost my charger for it. So for now, anyway, when the battery is gone it's gone.

I'll say this for being unemployed, the hours are good. I get a lot of stuff done everyday. You might even say incredible amounts of stuff done, but in that case you'd have to also include watching TV. I watch one set of shows at night while recording another. In the morning I watch the others. It's like having prime time twice a day. If it can get any better than that I don't know how. Oh yeah, having a job would make it better.

I go for my ergonomic physical for the warehouse today. I hope being round of shape is not going to be a problem. When he first said ergonomic I thought to myself, "Great. I'm going to be a desk chair. A really ugly one. Or a mouse pad." I'll report back on it later.

My blog and comments took a turn towards PG-13 yesterday. Ooops! Sorry. This here is a family joint. Yes, for very bored and slightly skewed families. But for families none the less. Still I needed to report on Tango Uniform as it is a very handy descriptive phrase.
Yuki doing push-ups. She only does the first part, though. Down. OK, down. And one more down. Good!
My desk. Also, my shadow box and my OLD SALT OF THE SIXTH FLEET picture. Of course, I was 3rd Fleet, Pacific Fleet, 7th Fleet and even 5th Fleet (Persian Gulf) for a while. Never 6th. Doesn't keep it from being a cool picture, though.
A little closer look at the sea going manly man. No need to thank me. Your smile is thanks enough.
Also, a closer look. Not too close as I do not wish to seem the braggart. I hate folks like that, myself. But somebody had asked about it a while ago.
Wat Marphil Loop. One temple member who acts as her own monk. This is much nicer than the set-up in Japan. But here this is our house so we can put up shelves. And the walls are not concrete so we can put up shelves. And we have a nearby Home Depot so we can put up shelves. The shelves actually play a big part in this.
The shoji screen that separates the office/wat from the rest of the house. The packing boxes are now gone and the place looks a lot better. Dang packing boxes cluttering up everything.
Pepe doing sit-ups. Like Yuki, he only does the down part. And doesn't bother to wake up for it. No, truthfully, and I say this about both cats because it's true, they "nap with a wild abandon". This pic is a case in point.

Stopping before someone loses an eye, out
Ramblin' Ed

5 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics of the house but what about one of the kitchen where all the baking takes place? The cupcakes couldn't even begin to compare with Betty Crocker (or your Mom's, I bet!) but tasted good, tho a little dry, but that's only because they went "out" and not "up". The icing, however, was very good. Keep us "blogged" on how your tests go. A polymath like you will only do well--if your biceps are as well toned as your imagination.
I really dig the cats' exercise program. Maybe I could find time for that!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

I especially like the pic of the Old Salt. Now you have a perfect excuse to go to one of my fav stores either Willies ( Good Will) of Sals (Salvation Army). They are a great place to find muffin tins for cheap. Please there are always hidden treasures in stores like that. Or perhaps your wonderous Mom will get the idea and give you one for Xmas maybe even include her recipe since hers are "better"-hehe I appreciate the fact that you just keep baking and sharing stories about it.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Murf, will need you to be a little more specific before I answer that one.

RQ, I want to be good at baking, so I keep trying. But I don't like sweets so much so I don't do it too often.

I do the Goodwill and little swap shops you find going down the back hiways towards the big flea markets in Tampa, Clearwater and Sarasota. You do indeed find some cool stuff. Remember... that's where the wife found her gong.

As for who makes better stuff, well, like a good son I humor Mom.

Ramblin' on......

12:38 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Hmmm, with those whiskers, I'd guess that gob was in Elmo's Navy (Elmo as in Zumwalt).

[And "gob" was not meant to be a diss. Simply my attempt to sound "salty"]

3:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like your kitties...they make me giggle. -Jn

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home