Monday, October 31, 2005

Yep


(Of course, I would never have an amplifier in the bedroom.)




My Rambling Rose

Oh the steps they lead from up to down
but this town gives me room.
Though the sun beats down too hot sometimes
and the neon hides the moon.
I'll be happy when I'm six feet down
but I am kicking still.
I don't mean to hurt nobody
but you know I prob'ly will.

Ain't no easy way to tell you
goodbye....so long....adios.
Your short hair drove me crazy
and you always had nice clothes.
You were near enough to perfect
to slow down this rolling stone.
If I'd never heard that highway song
I'd have prob'ly wrote my own.

I sure liked the way you left me hanging

three sheets in the wind.
And you know I'm fool enough
to come back here for that again.
This old town ain't been too bad to me
in this old crazy world.
You will always be my favorite,
my sweet Pascagoula girl.

Ain't no easy way to tell you
goodbye....so long....adios.
From the vine of life I picked me out
the sweetest rambling rose.
I ain't no good at conversation
but I'd like to make a toast.
If you hadn't bought my whiskey
I'd have prob'ly bought my own.

And from the vine of life I picked me out
the sweetest rambling rose.

Ed
Pascagoula, MS


3 comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Yes, I'd say so.

What's with the Mac apple? Been meaning to ask that.

Type something new on your blog, Mistress of Darkness.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

I am hoping that this absence- it is now Nov. 1. means that you are busy showing off your style with a forklift. You are missed when you fail to show up at your first job of keeping me entertained.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

or atleast write songs about how awesome we are!!!!!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home