Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Lazy bowl. Pointy little eeewwww!

Sorry for the lazy posts. Poems and pictures are my refuge when I can't keep up. Just been a lot going on. Fer example:

After wasting a whole day in driver class, and acing the written test, I went to get my license re-instated. When he realized that I needed it for less than a year, the same peckerhead that told me I must attend class told me it wasn't necessary for that short of an amount of time. Bureaucrats are the same in any language.

I think today I have finally finished visiting all of the Japanese agencies I needed to get rid of my car. Buying and registering was a snap. Keeping it up to date was a breeze. Getting rid of it has been the endeavor from hell. It all has to do with recycling, actually, but is still a PAIN.

My wife is going under the knife today in Bangkok.She had an appendectomy 3 years ago and has had abdominal pain ever since. The doctors here can't find anything, but then there are only 3 doctors for 11-16,000 women, so they can't spend a lot of time pondering and poking. Since medical care is fairly advanced (for those who can pay, anyway) and her whole surgery and hospital stay is only 45,000 Baht ($1,100), I loaded up her credit card and told her to go for it. Hopefully they'll find and repair something. It'll cost her 4 extra days in Thailand, so she's coming home the 29th instead of the 25th now.

The Japanese moving company came yesterday and scoped out my home and belongings so they would know what they were getting into in July. I thought that was a pretty good idea. Then the housing folks came and cleaned all my A/C filters. Since that was all the folks I was expecting for the day, I poured some fresh, piping hot java, grabbed a nice Flor de Ybor City cigar, gathered up the paper and headed to the cigar porch to enjoy a fine spring morning. Then the doorbell rang. I answered it as I feel it is rude to not answer if you are home...and I didn't even check the peephole first, because I lo-o-ove suprises. A little man I did not recognize smiled and said to me in fairly decent English, "I bring your furniture." "My loaner furniture?", I asked. "Yes." "But I don't need that until July." "Noni (Noni is Japanese for huh?)...Ju-rye?" "Yes, July." OK, long story short. I took him to the housing office and we squared it away. The request was put in in April, so they just assumed the delivery date was April 19, or yesterday instead of the actual date of July 19. I know, Gee...what a BORING story. But more importantly, it was trivial. And pointless. Look, my days ain't as exciting as yours, OK?

Internet was down at home all morning. I was going to post pics of my abs and buns of steel. Of course, it would look more like a bowl of jello and some old cottage cheese. Eeeewwww. The mental image is just horrifying.

Got no idea what I am doing here, but I knew I owed you some words what I made up off the top of my pointy little head. And I did that. Good day.

Lickspittle, out

Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home