Monday, April 18, 2005

Some stuff I like

I fell asleep once during sex. It was quite embarassing. When I woke up I had run up an $800 phone bill. - David Letterman

Ever heard of Pam Tillis? If no, skip this. If yes, you'll soon find out she has very little to do with what I'm fixing to say, but at least those other losers are gone. I was reading an interview with her and she said she liked this new guy named Todd Snider. So I bought his CD, "Songs From the Daily Planet". He has a song on there called "Trouble" that has a line I really like: "When a woman like you walks into a place like this/You can almost hear the promises break". That's it. That's all I wanted to say about it.

I bought and watched the movie "The Warriors" this weekend. The gangs were pretty lame, but they were in '79 too. All in all it held up pretty well over the years. I watched "Purple Rain" 11 times, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Really, I just wandering now.

I also really like movies with the Chinese actor Chow Yun Fat. I love THE REPLACEMENT KILLERS and THE CORRUPTOR. I also enjoy BULLETPROOF MONK, though not as much. He is so stylish and cool.

This has one of my favorite double entendre's in it. I had fun writing it and I think it's unfortunate you won't have the same fun reading it. But we must, as nature intended it, weigh my happiness against the happiness of others. Somebody is going to have to be disappointed. It happens.

Picture a Hill on Fire

I've never called when you're coming.
You've never come when I've called.
You've gone on and on about nothing.
But I didn't catch it all.

Picture a fire on a hillside.
Then picture a hill on fire.
A picture of me face down, and baby,
that's the last time
that you're gonna see me smile.

How come you keep pointing fingers
like you've still got something to prove?
Take this for whatever it's worth now
but I ain't got nothing to lose.

Maybe you don't understand me.
Maybe you don't even try.
Maybe you cry your eyes out for me.
Or maybe you don't,
maybe it's just goodbye.

Take a look at my heart in the mirror.
It don't reflect no light.
It don't bounce back from a heartache too well,
but I never thought it might.

Maybe you don't want to hold me.
Afraid that a spark might grow.
From knocking our rocks together.
Well maybe one time,
but that was so long ago.

Maybe you don't understand me.
Maybe you don't even try.
Maybe you cry your eyes out for me.
Or maybe you don't,
maybe it's just goodbye.

Ed
Yokosuka Japan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home