Friday, May 13, 2005

Dinosaurs. Red, orange and green.

I had oatmeal for breakfast. I like oatmeal. It's exciting like me. And flavorful. Again, like me. Today I got a suprise in my oatmeal.

The only thing I noticed on the label when I bought it was that it was brown sugar and cinnimon flavor. I am talking, by the way, about instant oatmeal. Anyway, when I poured it out in the bowl I noticed what looked like small, pea sized eggs.

I checked the label again and saw that it actually said "dinosaur egg oatmeal brown sugar and cinnamon flavor". OK, so I missed the egg part. Looks like candy anyway, so it may be cool.

So I add the water and start stirring. Soon, to my suprise, I see little colored heads start to poke out of the eggs. Then limbs and then, within about 40 seconds, I had about 20 tiny dinosaurs in my oatmeal. Pretty nifty and totally unexpected (see how I didn't say un-egg-spected).

They tasted like sweetened chalk, but only if you chewed them up and tried to taste them. Otherwise they didn't really taste.

Must be gonna be a good day, if breakfast is any indication.

Congrats to sk. She correctly identified the song artist as being none other than big John Prine. I had 1 response and 1 correct answer. That, folks, is 100%. Can I do a contest or what?

Travelin' Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home