Thursday, May 19, 2005

Friday. 10 AM. Planet Earth.

Hola, my peeps. Not sure why I say that, but I sure do like it.

Well, I burned myself out over the last couple of days. Between e-mails, resumes and blogs (mine and comments on other peoples), I wrote a whole bunch. Now I'm dragging. Guess it happens.

Got a real Mexican standoff going. Well, not really, I just gotta wait six weeks before I can do anything. Short version: GM wanted to see that I had financing for my car before they actually started building it and USAA wanted a VIN before they would finance. Cars that ain't built yet don't have VINs. Luckily, via the magic of scanners and faxes and those friendly little ones and zeros running around and doing who knows what inside a desktop computer, we were able to show GM I had financing for the car but it couldn't be finalized without a VIN. So they will build my car on June 13th, I'll get a VIN, blah blah, blah. Everybody is happy. Especially me. I have my first ever sunroof and I have always wanted one. This one is a "4 panel sunroof". You know what that means, don't you? Yeah, neither do I, but it costs about $700.

In 11 kilometers of commute I go through 7 tunnels that are bored through the bases of hills. When you think about it, that's kinda a lot of tunnels. Not that I reckon you really think about it.

Here lately, almost everything I do, say, read or watch gets run through a sort of mental filter to see if it's bloggable. I think that's not good. I really enjoy the blogging. I love the ruminating and postulating, the rhetoric and the proselytizing, but still. I told you before, I can kind of be one of them OCD dudes if I'm not careful. So I'm gonna be keeping an eye on me for a while.


I have a dinner party on Sunday (Yeah,I know. Just like a little grown up.) so Saturday is clean and prep day and Sunday we comex dinner-ex '05. Monday I'm on the stick to teach the radar spec brief again, assuming USS John S. McCain supports a little better next week than USS Curtis Wilbur did this week. (Yeah, that's right. I put 'em on report here.) Tuesday I have to go to the dentist. So, if I blog I blog and if I don't,well, I have excuses.Lot's of 'em.

Be good. Or be good at it.

Bergemot, out
Travelin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Lucky for you the 13th is a Monday, Ed. I'm doing a Soap Box Post on a draft and I don't know if I'll ever get it finished. Would you mind explaining OCD? I think I might want to avoid that.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

OCD. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Like the person that washes their hands 100 times a day or vacuums 35 times a day. Watch Oprah for more information. I do.

I probably shouldn't joke about it. I just use it to explain my often unexplainable behavior.
Ed

12:48 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, I oughta known that...

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home