Monday, May 23, 2005

A knuckle draggin' manly man

Hola, boys and girl. My peeps and wannabes. What's shakin'?

Topic 1. There's something I don't understand.

Topic 2. Women wanna be me and men wanna be like me. Not sure what boys do.

Topic 3. I have found this to be true more often than not. And I'm not going to kid you. It seems that if it's not one thing it IS the other. Who knew?

Topic 4. We all know and love faithful readers Pipedragger, sk, AI and the Gunner. There's anonymus folks and the occasional ne'er-do-well. I think my mom and dad even check in occasionally, although, after 45 years of this crap they don't find me near as entertaining as others might.

So yesterday I figured out I had me another of them stealth readers. This one is down in Gautier, in the great state of Mississippi. The Hospitality State. Goes by the handle of JoeMama. He was a Gunners Mate in the navy, and as I recall, a damn fine one. So don't let the sun dress fool ya. He's a knuckle draggin' manly man from way back. What's he doing now, you ask? Only helping to put together new warships for the finest navy in the world. How's that for honest work.

Topic 5. Man this car I bought keeps getting pricier and pricier. First there was this whole paying extra for the stuff you really want concept that the factory sprung on me. That's kinda stupid, really. After all, I'm doing them the favor by buying the car. But...what ya gonna do?

Then I find out that I got this whole paying taxes to the state of Florida thing going on. Well where the heck did that come from? That's like a whole other $1450 I have to shell out. And I had also forgot about that insurance, too. I'm guessing they won't exactly be giving that away either. I probably should have bought a horse.

Topic 6. I numbered these topics for your convienence. I exist only to please you. Or to pleasure myself. I can't remember for sure.

Topic 7. Man, I'm turning to a real social animal in my old age. I don't really like people. Well, I like you, but it's the other people. You understand. Check it out:
Mon-Thurs - Go to work. People all over the place. Arggh.
Fri - My friend from the ship comes to visit.
Sat - Wake up and go check. Yep. Friend still here.
Sun - Friend gone. Oh yeah, dinner party tonight with Tata and Haru. Thai food. Lots of it! And cold San Miguel beer.
Mon- Those pesky work people again. And...babysitting a two year old in the evening. Now I could be wrong. She may be three years old. But regardless, she took up floor space in my living room. **

Not much to tell you really. I am, as you know, only a thin layer of smog covering my corner of the blogsphere. Merely a haze, hanging around in a, well, hazy sort of way. Nothing useful here. You know what the cops say. Well, it applies here. They say, "Hey. Are you gonna finish that doughnut?" No, not really. They don't say hey.

Travelin' Ed

** In the off chance that Kelli, Tae, or one of their friends reads this...we enjoyed it and were glad to do it. OK? Seriously. I just have a crotchety literary reputation to maintain. You understand, right? Are we cool???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home