Wednesday, June 15, 2005

OK, so I'm a twidget

Yes, I'm a twidget. Can't help it, it's what I do. That is probably why I found the following news item interesting. Because gadgets, like bright shiny objects, make me go, "Ooooohhh... can I touch it?"

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Drivers lacking coins now may use cell phones to feed parking meters in Coral Gables, purportedly the first city in the country to offer such a service.

The automated system allows drivers who subscribe to simply dial in from their cell phone, punch in the number assigned to their parking spot, and the required costs — plus a 25-cent usage fee — will be billed to their credit card. When leaving, subscribers call back and end the billing cycle.


I wonder how the meter maids know that your phone is picking up the parking and you're not freeloading? Maybe the meter is digital and they can send a signal to somehow flag that particular meter. I don't know. I sure hope this question doesn't keep me from sleeping tonight......Segue into...

Last night The Simple Life was outstanding. Nichole Ritchey was cute and kept her potty mouth in check. Paris Hilton was fetching, as always. But the peice of resistance* was that they had twin baby monkeys on the show with them. Cute girls and monkeys. That's what TV was invented for. It just don't get any better!

Question. What's the difference between Michael Jackson and a trash bag? One's white, made of plastic and harmful to children. And the other is a trash bag.

* I wasn't even gonna try to get this French correct. You knew what I meant.

Scumble, out
Travelin' Ed

BONUS ROUND. For 250 additional points, who would you rather be stranded on a desert island with, Betty Rubble or Wilma Flintstone? And since I know that sometimes I have female readers, same question, but with Marge Simpson or Kitty (The mom on That '70s Show).

6 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Marge- Her hair would make a better signal fire when a plane flew over. Plus I just kinda wonder, what color does yellow turn when it tans? -Jn

10:40 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Ahhh, a good answer at first glance. But Kitty would bring booze.

Ed






(And speaking from a man's standpoint for a minute, if it was up to me and Kitty to populate the island I think I'd be needing the booze.)

10:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Haha. Point well taken. Marge also wins points for having previously escaped from a secret island once on a raft made out of plastic forks, but I guess that wasn't her construction so she wins less points than I originally gave her.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

But you were SO close.

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hhmmmm..... I choose Bloodie, from the comic strip.

Pipedragger

9:30 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I shall henceforth refer to you as "Dag-woody" then. She wasn't even on the table, so to speak.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home