Monday, June 20, 2005

Quick thoughts

I have 15 min before heading to work, so some quick thoughts from a not so quick mind.

Every day before work I play 1 game of Scrabble and 3 games of Yahtzee or 2 games of Scrabble. I set the computer Scrabble players (I play against 2) to the expert setting. I think it keeps my mind a little sharper than if I didn't.

I prefer to feed my fish tubifex worms, but I don't float 'em, I soak them and then break them up between my fingers. I always fret that the catfish on the bottom won't get any, even though they were pretty fat already before I started that. However, when I'm pressed for time they get goldfish flakes and don't seem too put out over it. Look, I'm the same guy that made his own dog food and then nuked it a little so it wouldn't be cold when I fed Ramblin' Wreck and Rikki.

You know, sk, even as I wrote "goat in the kitchen" I was thinking to myself, "or was it a sheep?" I guess sheep would have been closer.

I am going to try to get a poem down today, another Riegelwood story down today, or if possible, both. The dental appointments start up again tomorrow, so....

I talked to DRE on the phone Saturday. Him and his wife are practicing UNO, and me and the wife are practicing PHASE 10 and SKIPBO. CRIBBAGE and EUCHRE are under discussion, of course. Me and him play, neither wife does, yet. None of us needs to practice SPADES, 'cause that's like falling off a bicycle, you just do it. So it looks like evening card games are back on tap. That's cool, we'll do it under the comforting glow of the bug zapper. Unfortunately, I have given up hope of ever finding enough players to start my regular PINOCHLE games back up. Unless I take an ad out in the Tampa Tribune.......it's crazy but it...just...might...work.

After I started calling Stars & Stripes and leaving this same message each time, "As usual my paperboy has not brought a paper, and since you seem content to pay him for not doing his job instead of firing him, please bring a paper to me as quickly as possible. I'm at 22 Kamakura, Ikego." He has been better. Don't miss as many papers as I used to, but it's still early. They really must not have a replacement for him, because I've found out that the whole building is complaining about delivery. I'm just more regular about it. It's a gift.

OK, gotta go. Wish me luck on a real post later this morning.

Travelin' Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Does your paperboy speak English? Here in Californication, and it doen't matter what city here, the "paperboys" are part of a transient troup driving around in a smoking rattling stationwagon or mini-van tossing papers from the half open window. There are always a minimum of 5 kids in the vehicle. I don't think a boy could get a paper delivery job in this state if he wanted to... at least not in the San Francisco or LA areas.
Pipedragger

9:19 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Dragger-san,
As you know, there are few station wagons here and none that smojke or rattle.

But I must say, what you describe is an interesting phenomonom (can't figure out what the 3rd vowel shold be).

Cliff Bushman is making his triumphant return to Yoko in July. But only as an augmenting instructor. When he went to Pearl Harbor he didn't know he'd not be coming back.
Ed

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home