Wednesday, September 07, 2005

If you act now, there's a free skink at the bottom!

Last night as I was getting ready for bed I remember thinking, "I'm about ready for bed." It's a good sleep for me as I observe the "get horizontal and pass out" mode of rest. I perfected it during one of my 5 tours on navy ships. In fact, my perfect pillow, the one that I am using now, is two pilfered navy "pillow(s), bed, feather. Wash in accordance with Army Instruction 1305" stuffed into one standard sized pillow case like Kirsty Ally in a bustier. Mmmm mmmm, that's good sleeping.

I also keep a big, loud box fan on, droning out the sounds of any emergency vehicles or cries for help that might be present in the warm, Florida night and sending a nice, soothing jet stream of recycled bedroom air (not so pleasant on burrito night) right up my nose. Did I already say that's some good sleeping there? Well, it is.


Bob Denver is dead, little buddy. I wonder how he felt being Gilligan for most of his adult life?

I finished my pre-licensing course yesterday. Finally. This whole studying thing is tougher than I normally like. So I called the guy and he checked my work and assured me that the Certificate of Completion is being sent to Tallahassee and a copy is coming to me. I have already paid te State. I have also already paid for fingerprints, which had planned to get on Monday (dang national holidays) but now will get today or Friday. That's the end of the pre-reqs. I'll schedule a state exam, flounder through it a couple of times, eventually pass it, and go out, a newly minted Medicare Supplement insurance salesman, to make my six figure income that they're promising. Of course, in my case I assume that two of those figures will come after the decimal point. I don't live in no dreamworld.

Had my first network scheduling delima last night. OK, first if you don't count the one I wrote about yesterday, which apparently I am not. I love "Dog, The Bounty Hunter" and also that new Fox show "Prison Break". Ask me if they came on against one another. Yes, they did. It won't be so big a problem when I get my DVR hooked back up. But right now I have a straight cable into a TV. No home theater, no HD, no DVD and no DVR. I am living back in a 1970's technological stone age here. For about 2 more weeks, then my furniture comes.


I went to COSTCO yesterday, which is, much to my chagrin, considered Mecca by my wife. I was on a mission from which I could not be deterred. I was deferred, when I took a wrong turn, which in turn landed me in a wrong place. But I was not deterred. I had it on pretty good authority that they had a stack of pizza ovens there, just sitting out for the buying. And I was gonna buy me one. And I did.Last night I made me, from scratch, one fine pizza. Happy boy I am.

We saw, and test drove... well, I don't guess drove is the right word... test laid a nice bed at the mall Monday. It was really nice, the way only a $6,000 bed can be. Remember how I said my wife has no real concept of the worth of money? She was looking at me like she thought we might get it. Sure, I like nice things, too. But I'm not FANATICAL about it.

OK, today's a work day. Never really got this going, but now I've gotta stop. Need to get out and play "Dodge the Idiot" all the way across Tampa. Adios, peeps. (Heh heh...you almost got called peps. Lucky for my really keen attention to detail.)

(As I should have said yesterday)
Gekkos and lizards and skinks. Oh my. Out
Ramblin' Ed

6 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow you got a lot of crap on here today. . . Thanks for the free skink. It made it all worthwhile. What all it made worth while I donno but it did it. -Jn

7:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sept that last part, gekkos and lizards and skinks of my yeah thats redundant cause both gekkos and skinks are lizards but more specific. it should be something like gekkos and skinks and iguanas oh my. Just to be picky- Jn

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize skinks were so colorful. Thanx for the colorful pic. Wow! The things I learn from Ramblin' Ed

12:53 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

First, let me clean up the SPAM. I am just soooo glad to have it on my blog too!!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home