Monday, November 21, 2005

If I were a carpenter (ant) and you were a lady (bug)


Can the Indianapolis Colts be stopped? It's hard to see how. So, if they complete only the second perfect season ever, couldn't happen to more deserving, more professional, or nicer guys. Good on ya, Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning.

By product of watching that particular game, taping it to watch at oh dark thirty for my convienence, was that I have a pretty healthy respect for Cincinatti now. I mean, to hold your own in a shootout with the Colts is something.

I got 77 of 80 correct on my Sheriff's Deputy exam. That's 96%, y'all. Good on ya to me. Of course, there is still another test, TABE (Test of Basic Adult Education) that I have to take, and pass, before I can even tender my application to the Sheriff's Department. I sure hope I get the job and it ends up being worth all this running around.

I test for the Post Office tomorrow night. Something else I hope goes well. It'll be my luck to not find the testing site. And, you know it is Federal Gov't by the way that they suggest you be fifteen minutes earlier than the fifteen minutes early that they require. Um..OK.

I think my favorite shows, and I'll list 10 because I have the time to play a little this morning, are as follows. Positions 2 through 9 are in no particular order, as I like them all a lot. Number 1 is the show I would choose if I could only watch one thing all week.

10. Survivor: Guatemala
9. The Apprentice
8. Family Guy
7. Desperate Housewives
6. Simpsons
5. America's Next Top Model
4. King of Queens
3. The Amazing Race
2. Fear Factor
1. Two and a Half Men

There you go. All sitcoms and reality shows. I'd like to like dramas more, but I don't. They're OK. Just not "must see for me".

The choices, as I see them are: One, the other, neither, or both. Of course, if there are more than 2 to choose from, then we're screwed. Know what I mean?

I left myself a note last night. I found it on the computer this morning when I got up. You know, it was good to hear from me.

Everybody has that somebody that they cannot say "no" to. Firm but fair with everybody else, but this one always has you doing something against your better judgment or making exceptions to your normally steadfast rules. I know. And you know that I know. For me, that somebody is ice cream. Just can't say no to ice cream. But read further, please.

I went to Publix and found this ice cream that looks kinda like swirled up bubble gum. It is the yellowest yellow, reddest red and bluest blue all swirled together. Drool inducing from the moment you pop the lid. It does turn into a blah colored gray soup as you go along, but this tale will not be taking us out to that point, so relax, Max.

The other night, it just looked so-o-o good. I could not resist. I tried to think better of it, but basically just put up a French resistance. I got a big ol bowl and commenced to munching. Mmmmm, cold. Mmmmm, sweet. Mmm mmm mmmm, creamy. Then I said something to the wife I never thought I'd say. I am sure I have never said it before and hope to never say it again. I said, "Hey, do you want to finish this? I scooped myself way too much of it."

Like a Neil Sedaka cracker, out
Ramblin' Ed

4 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Congratulations there, Rambin' Ed, on that excellent score on the Deputy test and good luck on the Adult Education thing and the USPS exam, of course.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Yeah, Thanks. I'm pretty smart for a guy who can't get a job.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Close, Murf. It's called Super Sonic Blast.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They call it superman around us so I don't know whats wrong with your icecream.

Of those shows...The Simpsons and The Amazing Race are about the 2 talking box events that I would waste my time on. Then there is football...

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home