Monday, December 05, 2005

The fairly well adjusted boy

I am fairly well adjusted and can hold my own in most social situations. I can be witty, I can be caring, I can be helpful, I can be serious and I can make my socks match my belt. I know what to cook to bring to a covered dish lunch and how to put it out so that it looks appealing. I mean, I'm no Martha Stewart. But I'm no Oscar Madison, either. Or Oscar De La Hoya, for that matter, though that may not exactly be germane to what we're doing here. You get the picture.

We had a block party yesterday. On the day that the Bucs and Saints played. What??? Why did I say I'd go? Well, anyway, I recorded the game and watched it afterward. Although, I probably could have saved some time by just saying to myself, "Saints lose. Again.", as I walked out the door. Because I watched the game. And the Saints lost. Again.

Wives can be like little kids. You will, however, get pretty scratched up trying to spank them.

Those of you that have known me a long time know that 99 times out of 5 I will not forward those stupid joke e-mails. Or the "pass this along to 10 frends to achieve world peace" e-mails. Or the sappy hearts and flowers, babies and puppies animated .gif and Hallmark poems. What does that mean to you? Probably not much. I hate getting them, though.


Breakdown

Got your bone
Hanging from my rearview and it swings
Like my phone
Bleaching in the sun and it don't ring
And if love
Was anything besides a monkey on a string
If I had my doubts
I might break right down
I might break down and mind

I might call
If I had a number bouncing round my brain
I might glide
But driving in this town is too insane
I'd write
But the heart is such a complicated thing
If I had to guess
If no meant yes
I might break down and mind

I might break down and care like a violent act of random
Kindness and it's mindless and I never couldn't stand it
Crawled you cross the carpet and my knees was kinda stinging
Kamakazi lover like a song I can't stop singing
Maybe if I told you where it is I think I'm standing
You'd meet me in the middle
And the middle is half down the line
Where I break down and mind

Got your eyes
Tattooed on my shoulder blade and then
You smiled
Knowing now you're seeing everywhere I've been
Act right
Like a next to almost nothing next of kin
And if the blood ran true
Was bleeding me and you
I might break down and mind

Got burned
Always stand a little too close to the flame
Why learn
'Cause it only leads to dancing and them things
Your turn
Baby, you ain't even trying to explain
And if you had your way
There's nothing more to say
I might break down and mind

I might break down and care like a honey for the money
A pocket for your rocket and a little extra somethin'
A penny for your thoughts and a dollar for the scratchin'
I couldn't leave you smiling so I had to leave you laughing
I was gonna come and see you but the train was running slowly
Left me standing at the station
And the station was half down the line
Where I'd break down and mind

Maybe if you'd tell me where it is I think I'm standing
I'd meet you in the middle
Girl, the middle is half down the line
Like a breakdown of mine

Ed
Yokosuka

Born to curse the rain, out
Ramblin' Ed

4 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I shared the blue balls with pretty much everyone I know. Garcias-Jn

11:53 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Yeah, I know. It's addicting, like the windows screensaver with the pipes.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I get some of those e-mails sent with some one who uses a cable modem. Often they are well over 1Mega Bite in size. It slows my system down, goes through a virus scanner and then down load. Often for hardly a thing. I've had to acccess my e-mail remotely and delete them so that I could down load the stuff I wanted to see. But, I sent you the Japanese evention thing because I figured you would appreciate it.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

AI,
I have high speed and downloading stuff is a breeze. And stuff like you sent is cool.

But when I open something up and there's hearts, a kissing baby and teddy bears, a stupid bit about how we all walk with fairies, and the stipulation that if I send it to 5 people / 10 people / everybody I know then all my wildest dreams will come true (even the one with Jamie Pressley)... well, like you do too, I think, "This is crap. Why on earth did you think I wanted to get this?"

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home