Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Shaved. Cat. Football.

I have a pewter mug from 1976, the nation's bicentenial year. It has some special commerative artwork of some sorts. It was no good for cold drinks as it sweated more than a hooker in church. It was no good for hot drinks as the handle heated up and burned your fingers. But it holds a cake of shaving soap quite nicely.

I have an old, cracked handled, horse hair shaving brush that was my Grandaddy's. I don't have much else to rememberize him by other than memories. He died when I was too young to really understand the need for sentimental keepsakes. But I do have his brush. Once my wife tried to retire it and replace it with a "better" brush. Luckily, she has a sense of family history also, and quickly understood why there was no "better" brush to be had.

In the mornings when I shave, on the mornings that I do shave, I use this special kit. Might sound sappy, but I'm just that kind of sappy guy.


Just so you know, I kicked her butt in six straight games. It was so-o-o funny.

I thought the Steelers were going to do better than they did last night. Thought Ben might hold his own, at least for a while. I think Cower paid the Colts quite a compliment by gambling with the onsides kick to start the half and with his decisions to go for it on fourth downs.

I have 3 refrigerators in my house. All functioning properly and all powered up. Admittedly, the one in the bedroom is a one of them dorm sized units. Is it because I have that much food? Not really. It's because I have that many magnets.

Sometimes the game comes to you and sometimes you have to go to the game. Yuki, The Lizard Killer.

I just got offered another job. This time from Aerotek. It reads as follows:

We came across your resume and would like to get in touch with you regarding your skills. We are staffing up for an AEGIS retrofit project here at Port Hueneme in Ventura County California and need individuals with your expertise.

I have a friend out there in Port Hueneme (pronounced why-nee-mee, but derisively referred to as Port Who-needs-me by Pacific Fleet sailors) and he was working two jobs just to pay rent and buy groceries. Not inclined to relocate, especially to be poorer than I am now. I'll tell them no, of course, but it's still nice to be needed.


Heh heh heh, out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Red Queen said...

As one of my oldest friends you are needed- you are a sentimental keepsake of those times I care to remember!

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By accident you are my oldest child!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

...And these comments are getting old!

Murf, can that be true? I am only 45.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home