Saturday, November 26, 2005

3 fairly polite poems: It's always darkest just before the light comes on


Fair Weigher On 26Nov2005

I thought you might have known.
I'd hoped you might have guessed.
You know the way I am
You know my no means yes.
Empty rooms. Quiet places.
Storms aren't far away.
Seen the clouds slow rolling in
And soon will crack this sultry haze


I can be you
Or maybe be the one you choose
I've got a knack like that
I'm easy like an easy dude
Call me later,
just ring me on my telephone
Together we'll ponder
when going becomes gone

You've got the smile to dance
You've got the perfect tease
I used to hold it some
Did not ask you please
All I know is I don't see
Why you don't seem to see
Fools, like lovers going crazy
Hey, baby, toss me something!

So many years ago.
Back when our days were new
Our time was bright and shiny
Like we knew only truth
Still, we knew if it hurt us
It made us strong
But now that begs the question
What if we figured it all wrong?

I can be you
Or maybe just the one you see
When you squeeze your eyes shut tight
I'm colors swirled easily
Watch me fading
A thousand points of light you've known
So long you never noticed
the going become gone

I can be you
Or maybe just the one you love
When you've got no place to be
Or need ties that's thick like blood
I know it's darkest
just before the light comes on
But that's how it is
The going becomes gone.

Ed
Brandon



Evening Rains & Carpet Stains 26Nov2005

Evening rains and carpet stains.
I fell into the room.
You were gone. A country song.
The cow that jumped the moon.
Cross your heart and hope to die alone
Remember
Snap your fingers if you know the tune

Flowers grow where heaven knows
There's folks that's never stood
Across the pond where red or blonde
The water tastes so good
Cross your heart and hope to die alone
Remember
Snap your fingers if you know the tune

I can't recall the reasons all
The steps, though, I can trace
A to B and you to me
I kinda liked your face
Cross your heart and hope to die alone
Remember
Snap your fingers if you know the tune

Evening rains. Old carpet stains.
I'm the fellow in the room.

Ed
Brandon

A Place I Used To Be 26Nov2005

I can’t say that I have never done no harm
But I can say I’ve never been too mean
I tried to be all hard and tough, but I could tell
That was not my personality

I’d like to be your friend, but I could just be someone else
You met while traveling down life’s twisty trails
‘Cause I know that folks like you got so many things to do
and so little time before it all derails

You teach a kid to talk you gotta teach him how to fight
Things like that, you gotta do ‘em right
Now it don’t bear repeating what them people say to me
But I can close my eyes and sleep at night

I’d like to have you sit down with me underneath my tree
It would put your mind at ease, it never fails
But I know that folks like you got so many things to do
and so little time before it all derails

I walked down the road to see how far I had to go
From where I was to where I was to be
Passed a point in time that I used to think was mine
But now is just a place I used to be

I’d like to be your friend, but I would surely understand
If you need a little time there for yourself
‘Cause I know that folks like you got so many things to do
and so little time before it all derails

Yeah, so many folks like you got so many things to do
And there’s so little time before it all derails.

Ed
Brandon

Onward through the mirrored frog, out
Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Well, Murf, thank you. Seeing as how you're not a member of "The Original Wayback Fanclub" I find myself especially pleased.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home