Friday, December 09, 2005

I can fly....THUNK!

Ola, peeps. Let us revel in the common things, shall we?

How many retired navy senior chief's does it take to screw in a light bulb? Just one, but I ended up with some semi-serious injuries.
I was holding a lightbulb, luckily the burned out one, which did not survive the fall. In addition to the bulb shattering in my hand, the same appendage was impaled on a Lladro ceramic figurine, also now deceased.

I only ever got tagged with one of these things before, and I didn't know what to do with it so I did nothing. But now I see that The Appalachian Gun Trash has tagged me for a meme on my 5 weirdest habits. Don't know why anyone would be interested, but I'll try.

5. I like to melt the cheese into the bun before I put the hot link in. Also, I have to nuke the hot link til it bursts so I know it's really cooked inside. I eat hot links five or six times a week, so I am good at this.

4. I read the newspaper. No, I REALLY read the newspaper. I'll be three quarters through an article about studies conducted in Austria on better resins to use in commercial truck tires, steadily slogging through it, when I will realize, "This is boring and I don't give a rat's patootie. Why am I still reading it?"

3. Before I buy any kitchen item, excluding food, of course, I have to be sure I have a place to put it. I am that averse to clutter. If it is a replacement item then it's easy. It'll go where the broke one was.

2. I call and write my friends, even if they don't call and write me. Not sure why, but I suspect it's a fear of being forgotten.

1. I not only get caught up in those SPOT AT LEAST SIX DIFFERENCES picture puzzles, I get caught up in the fact that it says "at least". I'm right down to studying shoelace lengths and moustache trims trying to find a seventh diffference. Should I ever find eight, I'll just let the Lord take me right there. My time on earth will have been successful.

OK, I hope that'll do you. It's hard to pick weird habits since they all seem pretty normal to me.

Hey, all you people up north that are reading this. Don't freak out, your parents and grand parents are safe. They're down here driving around with their blinkers on. We'll send them on home in a couple of months.

True fact: The paper has a page called CANADA REPORT which covers all the news the snowbirds must find riviting. I'm not overly concerned about what's going on in Ottawa, but to each his own.

Condi and crew should stop "explaining" our stand on torture. Just give 'em a big "so what?" It is obvious enough anyway to anyone with a brain cell that we capture and (rightly so) will sometimes use aggressive interrogation techniques. BFD. You and your buddies are dedicated to trying to blow me and my family up? I am dedicated using whatever means necessary to keep it from happening. Like a cat and mouse game and they get to be the mouse. As far as I know we aren't snatching people who voted the "wrong" way or voiced the "wrong" opinion or anything like that. So, I suppose, we are correct to do what we need to do to keep the militant loonies out of our cities. Quit looking foolish over it.

The St. Petersburg times must have a pretty aged readership. We used to call old people "hulls", but have since decided it's not the most endearing of terms. Anyway, I say that because I noticed, in among some other classics like Blondie and Beetle Bailey, the following "comic strips": Prince Valiant, Mark Trail, and The Phantom. Then I realized that it's been a coon's age since I saw Snuffy Smif on a comics page.

This is my poinseitta plant. It used to be a lot fuller, but a couple of windy days during hurricane season kinda culled it a little. Here is the beginning of one of it's flowers. After the flowers are off, I'm going to hack it way back for the winter.

Remember how I said I wanted DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, but not until they discount it at least a little. Again I reference the Sunday Comics. Opus, the fuzzy bottomed penguin, was listening to it in today's comic strip. And if he wasn't spinning it today, then, by it's position on the table, he was getting down to it last night with a little toke and the black light on. Explains why he was pantless in today's strip...probably.

Check this out. Check out this. Or, this, check out. Regardless... Harry Connick, Jr and Branford Marsalis are raising money and, in coordination with Habitat for Humanity, are working to erect a musicians village as part of the rebuilding of New Orleans. Wow, what a great idea.


Since I always have a security camera pointed at my crotch (because? Well, because you can just never be too careful) I was able to capture my dog, who is tragically trapped in a cat's body (which allows dog-like boneheadedness to be coupled with cat-like agility), as he discovered that a) pajamas have draw strings that are fun to attack, and b) the big pink dude will jump pretty high and squeal in horror when you do. Dang cat quick, brain dead dogs.

Not sure how this came out of me, but it did:

Mister H. K.

I've got a picture of Mary the Virgin
nailed up on the wall beneath the bare bulb light
I've got a bottle of Kentucky bourbon
I don't have to tell you that it's Saturday night

Cigarette smoking
Talking to myself
Mister human kindness
Ripping down the shelves
I don't understand it but sometimes it gets so crazy, man
Boxing the shadows and the shadows are winning again

Nice little corner apartment
Third set of neighbors this year so far
Normally quiet, except for the time
Somebody blew up the Sullivan's car

Voices in the evening
Cyphers on the wall
Whispers from the kitchen
Speaking to me all
I don't understand it but sometimes it gets so crazy, man
Boxing the shadows and the shadows are winning again

I've got a .44 and know how to use it
I wonder if I might not use it soon
I've got a shotgun pressed up to my temple
A temple ain't nothing but a fancy room

Won't sway me with your logic
Had it with your rules
Little Mister mindless
Had it with the fools
I don't understand it but sometimes it gets so crazy, man
Boxing the shadows and the shadows are winning again

I don't understand it but sometimes it gets so crazy, man
Boxing the shadows and the shadows are winning again

Ed
P'goula


Sometimes a man has got to recognize his limitations. Punk. Out.
Ramblin' Ed

4 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch!!
The poor Llad...er your poor hand!
Ed, those habits don't seem to weird to me... now that has me thinking.... ( ;

2:10 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Thank, Janie. You know, as I was on my butt and bleeding, the thing going through my mind was how ticked off the wife was going to be that I had broke the Lladro.

I didn't think the habits weird, either. The only one that is the slighted bit strange involves fisnet stockings and Alphabits. But, I skipped it because, as you probably know, that one's been done to death.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

My goodness, you've certainly covered a lot today, R' Ed and glad to see the injuries weren't too serious. I'll probably have several comments, but for now will only make one. Those old folks with blinkers on are not from here in Kentucky!

I can say that with confidence as the large majority of Kentucky drivers consider the use of turn signals optional, not to mention that some also consider it a sign of weakness.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, your not kidding about the torture deal..it looks bad trying to not look bad.
I'm going to tell you what they alway's tell me, be careful.
8 letters...

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home