Tuesday, October 23, 2007

You know you're a road warrior...

...when your bags don't arrive on the flight with you, and you're not particularly concerned. When you just walk over to the baggage office and mention your lost bag. When you know that it is a black colored bag; a large sized style #22. When, why yes, you do still have your baggage claim ticket because you know that bags sometimes miss connections. When you know that the probability of bags missing connections in Philadelphia is greater than most of the rest of the country, and that you did, in fact, connect through Philly. You know the name of your local hotel were it can be delivered to when it finally does arrive, including both the street address and phone number.

But mostly you know you are a true road warrior when, as you walk away from the baggage office, you think to yourself, "Cool. Now somebody else can lug that thing to the hotel."

Some White Stripes to see you on out of here.....





Just feel like you're the hardest button to button, out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Dangerous Dan said...

For a long time the CONUS "Port of Entry" from Rhein-Main AB Germany was Philly. I landed there several times while in uniform and several times in the uniform of the civil servant double-dipper and of all the airports I've transitted in 34+ years of mil travel Phillydelphia was always a bad experience. I despise that airport, I despise Phillydelphia and I doubt I would ever meet anyone from Phillydelphia that I wouldn't quickly categorize as a despiseable person, as well. A real armpit of a town.

Hope your luggage shows, intact.

a.g.t. (incognito)

7:51 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

deh2sweeps?? I thought I had a comment from one of them blog robot crawlers or something. So yeah, I'd say you were deep incognito.

On another note, do you think you could tell us how you really feel about Philly? Or, as our lead tech at the Philly airport calls it, Filthydelphia".

10:28 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Filthydelphia, yeah I like that!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home