Thursday, September 13, 2007

Brave dog and the hundred week storm

We hade a big storm yesterday. Knocked weak branches out of old trees, like a purse snatcher in a bingo hall. It involved some right fair wind driving some very heavy rain, lots of lightning and booming thunder, and hail. Now we don't get much ice falling from the sky here in FL in the summer, so me and my dog, Brave Fart, went into the garage to watch it play out.
Here is Brave Fart observing the storm from a safe vantage point. While it is not a particularly inspirng pose on his part, I do enjoy a certian sense of ankle security in otherwise dangerous situations. Dangerous? Yes. Kim Possible? No.The hail what fell from the sky. As you can plainly see, it was literally hail the size of small ice. This was in the middle of my garage.The wind was blowing the rain, and hail, sideways.

If you'll notice, it is raining inside my garage at this point. I thought that was pretty slick, like the floor.I decided I'd catch up on reading some old papers since there was little else to do. Me: "Pepe, dude, you're kinda in the way." Pepe: "Sorry. By the way, my back feels funny."


Shooter Jennings
Listen to this at least to the chorus. I can't help it, I hit repeat on this two or three times everytime I play it. It is a perfect song for the sunny summer days, windows down and sunroof open. 4th of July
Bonus: Chris Knight
Trying to reason with hurricane season, out
Ramblin' Ed

2 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Hail of a storm there, R' Ed.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Oops, fat-finger there, I hit the Enter key instead of shift.

Anyway, we had this crazy cat that whenever a storm came up (with thunder) he would want to head outside. We don't know where he would go but we thought that kinda, sorta strange behavior. Seems you'd want to stay in during a thunder storm.

Good cat, otherwise, but he and another cat disappeared within a day of each other a few years back. Still a mystery.

Mrs GunTrash still mentions those two occasionally. She does get attached to her pets.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home