Sunday, August 19, 2007

Painted Tourist Toenails

Some pictures from the 2 word cities. There's a lot of pictures, but at least they're boring....
(These tootsies were actually on a tourist in Boston's Quincy Market)

Hilton's Temple of the Five Pillows. Those are some super soft pillows, too.

Marriot is not to be outdone, though. We have a heavyweight pillow fight going on, it would seem. But seriously, what th deal? I have to throw most of them on the floor to even get into the bed. It looks cooler than it is.

If you look closely, those are all the same dude. You know him, for it is "The Thinker". I am not bright enough to figure out the implied symbolism though. "Thinking in circles" doesn't seem quite right and that's all I've been able to come up with.

The sundial on the side of this building took me by surprise. It was keeping pretty good time, too.

I loved walking through this neighborhood. Don't know why, I just felt comfortable there.

The name of the area is on the lamp post. It was on storm drains, etc too. I thought that was cool.

Uh pirty flour. Liked it.

We took the train from Santa Clara up to San Francisco. As you can see, we were not alone. Massive transit. (Note: The train quit running and we had a $112 cab ride home!)
Hey!?! Whaddya mean by that crack? We arrived in the area a few hours before a Rage Against The Machine concert. We witnessed weidness all about us.

Read the delightful yellow sign. What could possibly be more polite?

The dude was quite mellow. very so often he would stir just enough to take another sip of a coke, or at least I assume it was coke, then go back to resting.

The green was pulling the yellow one. They looked surprisingly like a diner to me.
Trolley. Cable car. Whatever.

Four clowns.

I just liked how if you looked through the sailboat masts you could see Alcatraz.

The Rock. Alcatraz. Didn't bother to go there. I have a thing against going to prison on purpose.

Me and Larry hiding Alcatraz behind our heads.

This picture is more about the buildings on the hill in the background than about the seals and seagulls. So, check out the buildings on the hill in the background.

Ork...Ork...Ork. The sound of seals, right? Actually these dudes were just hanging out. They were pretty quiet.

I like riding the trolley on the running board outside. I am surprised this hasn't been lawyered out of existence though.

I liked this building. Why? Why not? Yeah, I know, that was like being back in the third grade.

At the Rogue. Apparently, there is a Rogue Brewery up in Oregon. Also, apparently, they brew a lot of different stuff with names like Dead Man's and Arrogant Bastard. I was switching between the two and calling it Dead Bastard.
I gotta go on the fragrance tour -Gene Simmons
It's not that you're wrong, it's just that I'm right, out
Ramblin' Ed

5 comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I never explained the term 2 word cities:

Kansas City
Santa Clara
San Francisco

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, you should sleep with two pillows under yur head, R' Ed as it elevates you head and keeps the blood from flowing/pooling and giving you puffy eyes and facial features overall when you first awaken.

I read that someplace but can't remember where. I actually do it as I have fairly wide shoulders and if sleeping on my side my neck gets a "creak" in it on only one pillow.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me rephrase that in my best eastern Kentucky accent as there might be some confusion reading it as posted:

"....neck gets a "crick" in it..."

7:28 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I understood the crick reference, even when spelled creak.

For me, I usually use one pillow because two elevates my head to omuch and I end up with the dreaded crick because of that.

Two is generally too high regardless of thickness/fluffiness, even when one of that same pillow is too low.

OK, I think I must have it pretty good when my biggest complaint revolves around very soft pillows.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's a real bear out there on the road, but someone's gotta do the hard, difficult work of the government contractor.

:-)

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home