Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Randumb thoughts

I cannot be the only one afflicted with this particular silly phobia, though phobia may be too strong of a word. Cautionary behavior is how I think of it. I almost always have a cup of coffee in my hand. Sometimes it's a cookie. Sometimes it is both. That is not really the point I am making. But hold that thought.

I, like everyone else, routinely go to the bathroom. I have a steady job, so I am often at work when the occasion arises to urinate. Pee. See a man about a horse. Sometimes my timeframe for such action coincides with a co-workers. Sometimes them other boys can be a bit, um, smellferous. It happens, but I do wonder about their diet sometimes.

Anyway, my point about the phobia-ish condition of mine. When I walk in to the mens room with my coffee and it is most malodorous, I cannot stop myself from exiting, placing my cup o' joe on a handy horizontal surface, and then returning to my business. See, I really feel like anything that hangs that heavy in the air must certianly be releasing actual things into the air. And I do fear the PSPs. You know, Poop Smell Particulates. I can just envision them settling on the rim of my coffee mug. It makes me shudder to think.

Tampa may be on the cutting edge of the skirmish on globbal warming and not even know it. We have a desalination plant to turn salt water into freshwater. It is about 5 years behind schedule and either tens or hundreds of millions of dollars over budget, but heck, that's how we do stuff down here. This is Florida, man. Putting the fun in dysfunctional. But back to the brouhaha on global warming.

I figure if we could get that dang thing working, we could pass a law that everybody had to water their lawns and sidewalks at least twice a day, for an hour or so per. That'd suck up a lot of water sure, but here's the genius of my plan. It's water from the ocean. So as fast as the ice caps want to melt, we're drawing down Tampa Bay to green up our golf courses and condo lawns. Now imagine all of coastal America, or heck, even the whole darn coastal world doing the same. Shoot!, we could all go back to those convienient CFCs and start using real freon again. You're welcome.

Last passing thought for the day. The weather. I know that Florida is not the sleepy agricultural state that it once was, but doggone it if we ain't still got that 4H weather. Hazy, Hot, Humid & Hot.

If you ain't done it already, check out DREs fantastic fishing photo in the post below this.

Here's me and the Japanese students in Tampa's Henderson Ave "Parking? What parking?" Outback Steakhouse a few months back.

"Everybody's got a monkey, right?", out
Ramblin' Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't the guy on the right in Better Off Dead, with John Cusack?

12:42 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Ummm...no.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home