Friday, May 04, 2007

The Boys From Kansai & Narita

So my class this week is 3 technicians from Osaka and 3 from Tokyo. It is fun. They showed up with gifts of cookies and candies and I returned to them a fifth of Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum. Mmmmm! Tasty. I told them it would help them study, but of course, it will not. It also will not help them get laid. It will, however, if drunk in sufficient quantity, make them "feel pretty". There. That's my contribution to international relations.

I gave them a choice of where I would take them for lunch today. I ran through a list of places, Red Lobster, Bern's Steak House, Olive Garden, etc. Then I threw out going to eat alligator. Well, you know where this is headed. Yep! We're off to eat alligator this afternoon. I will be having the more mundane red beans and rice, for I do not consider reptiles and/or amphibians to be food. I am going to try to get them to order 2 frog legs plates, a 5lb crawfish plate and 2 alligator plates and then kind of share all around.

Was taking a carload of teenagers to the 98Rock Rock Fest this weekend. Kids are idiots, just want to make that clear. Maybe not all kids, although that has yet to be proved to me, but for sure these kids. So we pull over to let them out and tell them when/where we will pick them up. Idiot A decides now is the perfect time to spray the pepper spray on my wife's keychain onto his sisters leg. Idiot B, the sister, is of course incapacitated when said pepper spray bounces off of her leg and into her eyes. Idiot C, sister's boyfriend, decides to see how close he can get me to jumping out of the car and throttling him by keeping up a running, yet whiney and completely unnecessary commentary. "Get out of the car and go to the show, or I'm going home and your mom can just take you back to Jacksonville. I'm just about done with you!!!" OoooKayyy... I have now transformed completely into my father.

Epilog: We dropped them off and drove to the flea market in St. Pete. About 2 hours later they were hot and tired. They were having to stand in line over an hour to buy water. They became whiney. Well, whinier. I told them to wait for me at Burger King and I'd pick them up. And I did.... 2 1/2 hours later. Heh Heh.

Got some pics, but no time today to post them.

Work your fingers to the bone, what do you get? Boney fingers. Out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Wow... that's some nostalgic stuff there, R' Ed, that Sailor Jerry Rum webpage. "Death or Glory", "Stewed, Screwed & Tatooed", that's art that I saw on returning sailors, soldiers, marines, and airmens back in my youthful days in the 50s & 60s. Hadn't thought about it in a long time. Very nostalgic, like ghosts-of-the-past nostalgic. Thank you.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I love that style of tattoo. The tribal art stuff, I don't really get. But I like the old "sailor stuff".

I found the web page researching tattoo art for a college art class. I have since used a lot of the images in my blog and elsewhere.

That is where I first saw the Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum. I kept my eyes open and finally found some. It was worth the search. Now it is pretty common to find, but I still give it when I want to give something special to someone.

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... you might tempt me to take up drinking again, R' Ed. I was never much of a rum drinker (I seemed to prefer white liquor) but for nostalgia's sake...

A yeppir, I don't care for tribal art at all, either. I like the old style stuff like hearts, anchors, "Mom", and that genre.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home