Sunday, April 01, 2007

Springtime in gator country

Some miscellaneous stuff for y0u. I took the pictures today while fishing near here. But first things first. I took this HOW DIXIE ARE YOU- quiz and my result was "88% (Dixie). Did you have any Confederate ancestors?" You try it. Takes but a moment.

"Everyone likes the simple life until it gets complicated!" - Dilbert


The pictures:
This is where we were fishing. It was actually an old phosphate pit (phosphate mine) that was reclaimed and made int0 a nature area. It has some pretty decent fishing.
If you expand it and look closely you can see that those are flamingos in the top of that tree. I tried to get closer but they flew off. I don't think I spooked them 'cause we were still a ways away and the trolling motor is quiet. I think that they just had stuff to do. You know, flamingo stuff.
This was a big old gator. We got fairly close before he submerged and disappeared, but this was still the best picture. I wanted to get right up on him, but homey gator don't play that.
I snapped a picture of the heron on the log, then I checked the camera and saw that the photo was a little blurred. I went to snp another shot and saw the small(ish) gator cruising up, so I waited until I got him in the frame, too. I like this picture. Real Mutual of Omaha stuff.

Crikey, out
Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom - I always liked Marlin Perkins and his sidekick Jim. I'll never forget the one where Marlin is on the bank with the microphone and Jim's in the water trying to ketch a 20' boa constrictor or some such animal.

Marlin's narrating up a storm and all of a sudden you see Jim thrashing about the water with this big snake wrapped around him and Marlin deadpans, "Well, it looks as though Jim is have a bit of a struggle with that reptile."

My Dad & I laughed our butts off on that one. It was great stuff.

You had to of been there to enjoy it. :-)

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home