Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Oh. That dream

Yesterday started off with me locking my keys in the trunk. Put me 45 minutes behind schedule. Luckily, I usually run an hour or so ahead of schedule. That's the navy still in me. And the customer never even knew. They scheduled the class to start at 9 AM and I arrived at 9 AM. I just held my tongue.

I dreamed that I had walked from my neighborhood (a nebulous place that I can neither identify nor remember, although I sense it was hilly, like Pittsburgh or Baltimore) to another neighborhood. I'm not even sure exactly why I was going there. I don't think it even mattered, dreamwise, because it was one of those dreams where you boogie about for a quite a while before realizing that you're naked. It had completely slipped your mind to put some clothes on. I used to dream those dreams a lot where I had gone to school naked or without my pants. But I haven't had it in a long, long time.

They say it is your subconscious trying to tell you that you are unprepared, or afraid of being exposed as a fraud, or the one other thing that I can't remember. In school, those readings made sense since I was not particularly scholarly. Hell, I wasn't even particularly present most of the time, being prone to road trips during school hours. So for me now I guess it must be the third thing, since I am well prepared and 99.9% fraud free. Wish I knew what that third thing is, though.

There is the fourth, less advertised possibility, that my subconscious is telling me that I like the liberating feeling of strolling through immigrant neighborhoods just a'swinging in the breeze. Don't know. Never gave it that much thought before. And I'm hoping you don't give it much thought either. On that, I'm sure you feel the same.

I can't wait for it to be summer so that it will be warm everywhere they send me. Arizona has been a little weird. I can go out and sit by the pool and it is warm and relaxing and completely as it should be. If the sun moves, and it does tend to do that, and I find myself in the shade, it will actually become quite cool. Coming from the humid, sultry south, where if it's hot, it's hot everywhere and moving into the shade don't stop the sweating one bit, this is a strange phenomenom.

I got a brand new roller skate and you got that brand new key, out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

R' Ed, throw Firefox to the curb! Get IE7 and try it. Much, much faster.

Ah, yes, we'll wait to hear the Arizona weather report when August rolls around. I spent a short TDY down there and it was the hottest darned place I ever was.

Don't forget if you're in California to be on the lookout for Willie.

A.G.T.

A.G.T.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I ain't ever dreamed about being naked...Women, a different story...Most of them were pretty.

IE7 faster? Oh, but, I'm addicted to firefox...

12:45 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Like you, Gunner, I use multiple browsers. For banking and guvmint, IE 7 (7.0.5730.11 to be precise), for aimless surfing I use Firefox, and I also use Opera when I am doing research.

C'mon, AI. You never had that dream that you were out in public but not completely dressed?

OK, then. I have been out in public naked quite by accident but quite for real three times(that I recall, anyway. Twice in Southeast Asian hotels and once alongside a highway in the Philippines. The time in PI I was stone sober, too.). By virtue of that dubious claim to first hand experience I must tell you this: It feels better to wake up and realize that you dreamed it than it is to wake up and realize that you didn't.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home