Thursday, February 08, 2007

If you try to fail and succeed, what have you done?

The first time I heard a vegetarian refer to themselves as a vegan I got a little confused, transposing the term in my brain with the word wiccan and thinking, "Wow. That's hot. She's like a a witch or something." Turns out I was just one letter off, but that's another story.

Don't clouds seem to be moving awfully fast sometimes? Often times I look up and they seem to be really hauling ass. I mean, you don't really expect water vapor to be all that speedy, right? Not that you're expecting it to be sloth-like. I never meant to infer that. But if you do wanna see sloth-like, and many folks do, check out dew. It don't do nothing but lay there waiting to evaoprate.

I was invited to a "Lunch & Learn" where they provided pizza and a presentation about one of our newer products. That was a great idea. But for a better picture of what transpired for me, try replacing the verb "learn" with more appropriate verb "snooze".

I use what I assume is actually either a china hutch or curio cabinet as my dresser. I know and I offer no excuses. No valid ones anyway. But the interesting thing, and at first blush it may seem anything but interesting, is that I have, for the first time in my life, a sizable collection of brown socks and four pairs of socks with blue in them. My black socks needs have diminished after leaving the navy where, in my opinion it all went to hell when we started turning a blind eye to the kids wearing white socks with their boondockers. The little punks. My white sock needs have also diminished, but only because when you are active duty on a navy base you are not allowed to wear flip-flops so I wore tennis shoes a lot. Now, most of the time I am home I am in flip-flops or bare feet, hence I don't need a lot of white socks. Just for when I wear my western boots. Anyway, the reason I brought up my dresser being a china cabinet or whatever was because I keep my socks on the top shelf. I'm organized that way. Brown socks to the left. Black socks to the right. Colorful socks in the middle. Simple, like the boogaloo.

I do like that I can see what clothes are available without having to open the drawers to look. The whole front is glass.

Well, I am going to hang out at home tomorrow and Saturday, except for the time I get to spend at the coin laundry washing bed spreads in the giant $3.25 washer, puttering around in the yard and hanging out with the wife and pets. Pack on Saturday night and fly up to Boston on Sunday around lunchtime.

Thanks for stopping by. Both of you. I leave you with a verse from a Shooter Jennings song:


It's a long long road of livin
I wouldn't wanna be sendin
The wrong idea that I'm gettin soft.
I just keep on gettin lost
I dont care too much
If I ever find my way back home.
The railways are too rusty
The roads are just too dusty
I sit and watch the day die all alone.
It's just me and the sun
But pretty soon he's gone
When he goes away, I'll go get stoned.

My mistakes give me my reputation
and them old sad songs were my education, out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Boogaloo? Sounds more like the Hokey-Pokey.

Speaking of which, did you hear about the funeral for the man who wrote that song? I guess they had a real time getting through it as they couldn't keep his right foot in the casket.

Bada Bing!

A.G.T. who somehow managed to sign in to booger.com or whatever it's called

7:40 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I lived with a vegetarian for six years. She never called herself a vegan. It's not that she didn't want to eat meat, but, her life as a gymnast forced her into it. She just couldn't eat it. But, she could hold down a bite of steak with a shot of tequila.

Ed, it sounds like your doing good. I hate your having to travel like that. My dad traveled while I was growing up, so, I said no way. Not me. As a result, I've struggled in Trashylvania. I wear Jungle boots in the hoes...No, just kidding.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

House, not hoes...Don't even say it...

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home