Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Dreams post

I dreamed I had a car accident. I have dreamed I was burned. I have dreamed I was poor, was fired, and was lost at sea while swimming. I dream about bad luck.

When I was a kid, I used to dream a lot about exploring and finding a cave laden with treasure which I am sure was influenced by an episode of the Little Rascals. Or girls. I dreamed about them a lot and an argument could be made that it was just a different version of the treasure cave dream, although that was long before I realized that the treasure cave came with a mind of it's own and a tendency to talk through basketball games.

So what do all the bad luck dreams mean? Don't know. I am sure it could mean that my good fortune and relative prosperity are things that I fear I could lose. Or perhaps I feel I don't deserve them. I don't know. It could just mean that brown is my dominant color and I didn't get enough bananas as a child. But... I did eat a lot of bananas back in the day, so that hardly seems to be the problem.

Nope, I'm a silver lining kind of guy and not given to moping and goth rock. I look at the dreams as a chance to feel horrible and forlorn, as a chance to hit the bottom with no hope of climbing back up. And that's good?, you ask. Well yeah. 'Cause then you wake up, shake the cobwebs off of your brain and realize, "Hey, a minute ago I was in the hospital dying from inoperable nasal cancer. Now I'm in bed at home in my PJs. AND I STILL HAVE MY WHOLE NOSE!! Holy Crap! It was all a dream." That's a pretty doggone good feeling and you carry it out in the day with you. Because nothing gets your day going like not being sick, dead or dying. Well, the not death part and some strong coffee.

Disclaimer - As a youngster I was fond of hallucinogens.
That probably shows here.

Part 12: Journey May 1979

The river curved through wonderlands
Sponges gathered near the shore
Soft colored whispers played the breeze
I wandered on, in search of more

There, in semicircles, sat
the keeper of the forest's soul
and greeted me with sad refrains
from olden songs his highness stole

Accept, I do, my chance to learn
I fell to rest there at his feet
amidst the mushrooms growing there
entrancing as the wizard speaks

My reddened eyes betrayed me there
where only then I'd learned to see
and from a past obsessed with Poe
a madman deep inside me speaks

Part 13: Dream Monger May 1979

The promise of an afterlife
Once proclaimed throughout the land
slipped between my fingertips
escaped right from my hand

A light, sweet smoke
did shroud the scene
Romance
came a'courting dreams
to drift off out across the plains
and dance into the haze

A stranger and a wizened man
a product of this restless age
a lover with the time to kill
to kill in unfulfilling rage

'Tis for my dreams!
I cried aloud
a hush then rippled
through the crowd
"They're slipping through my fingertips.
Escaping from my hand."

I wondered, but I couldn't seem to worry, out
Ramblin' Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moopygall Adam Vinatieri Jersey www.officialtexansfansshop.com www.officialtexansfansshop.com Dientwicilt

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonbagsoutlettu.com/]louis vuitton bags[/url][/b] First of all, anyone who intends to borrow the loan will likely have to try and do his/her homework extensively. It is actually easier to select the greatest financial loan within the comfort and ease of your front room. Most internet sites present the quotations totally free. An exterior strap is often fitted into the bag body. Essentially the attaching techniques define the varied types of Chloe bags this kind of as Paddington bags, Betty Bag Edit purse, AVA purse, Ascot Saddle Bag, Bay bags along with the widespread Equestrian Kerala Shoulder bag. The uncovered and tailed connecting aspects of strap and entire body are seemingly probably the most major properties of Chloe bags..

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonsalesstore.com/]www.louisvuittonsalesstore.com[/url][/b] I exploit the identical products to clean all of them suitable now. The truth is most aftermarket manufacturers create pieces which are in fact common or makes use of a measurement or section that's typical between several . An incredible choice of motorcycle apparel, leathers, jackets, boots, helmets..

[b][url=http://www.onlinebagsstore.co.uk/]louis vuitton purses[/url][/b] Preparation, presentation and passion- several simple ideas that when used properly could make you an excellent speaker. In non-public and public daily life these rules utilize, and when you appear carefully at any from the productive people in the life, you are certain to come across them in action. In case you prepare upfront and make the effort to present your self as well as materials effectively, your passion will appear by way of, and that is when folks really listen..

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonsalesstore.com/]louis vuitton outlet[/url][/b] Fendi is without a doubt a frontrunner during the market. Each time they release a brand new line the discharge signifies pure course. Do not think twice to invest in an authentic Fendi handbag, tote or wallet. Major items can be found in modest packages, given that the indicating goes. The renowned cigar male Nestor Plasencia must have experienced this in your mind when crafting the Plasencia TKO, a little, four.0 x 42 cigar from Esteli, Nicaragua that packs pretty a punch. Compact but effective -- much fuller-bodied compared to the relaxation of Nestor's line -- the TKO have to not be judged by its diminuitive seems, nor by its very sensible value.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home