Saturday, January 06, 2007

God's crooked smile

I heard said today, "We're all the same and we're all in trouble. We're all searching for the gold tooth in God's crooked smile." Now, I do not let the fact that the above was said by two different people at two different times about two different things deter me. I felt that they went well smooshed together, and smooshed together they shall be.

I was reading some old stuff from early last year and was pretty amazed at how much more entertaining the blog was. I was looking at one post and next thing I knew I was way on down the page on about the fifth "story". When I feel like it, I'm a pretty good story teller. Too bad for all of us that I haven't lived up to the promise in quite a while. Not sure why. I have good genes.

Feets Headed into Hong Kong

Found my thoughts while sitting on a weathered wooden seat
Canvas slapping tautly with a stiff and salty breeze
Sun's bright haze reflecting rays up in the minds own sky
No currency in looking back, feets headed into Hong Kong

The perfect fit of faded jeans and slightly darkened soul
Travelin' man , I know first hand the path has highs and lows
Rides and rhymes in my own time, sea spray on my face
Walking tall as fear is small, feets headed into Hong Kong

Proud city pushes hard to reach high and misty clouds
So much unlike the pine woods that a young boy ran around
One is East. One is West. I wear every mile between
I live what lies before me, feets headed into Hong Kong

And what I know I never knew I didn't until now
Years and miles behind me like rough roads I've traveled down
I am amazed the goodness and the kindness that has found me
In this big ol' small, small world, feets headed into Hong Kong

From Carolina's dewey morn to Bangkok's dusty dawn
Tokyo's young restlesness, Kyoto's ancient charm
I close my eyes and smile to know the journey's far from done
As sunshine warms such weary bones, feets headed into Hong Kong

You, my friend, are welcome should you chance to come along
Canvas slapping in the breeze, our feets headed into Hong Kong

DRE 9/6/03 + WEA 10/16/03 + DRE 10/15/03 = WEA 01/06/07


I believe in everything, out
Ramblin' Ed


0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home