Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spider Cafe / Santa Ana, CA

These are pictures from my last trip. Light reading. Mediocre photography. It's not so much living vicariousy through me as it is, well, indulging me. So... indulge me.

Am headed to Chicago this afternoon. Weather and time permitting, I will try to get some photos there too. Now that I realized the new computer has a slot for the memory card out of the camera, I don't even need to tote a cable anymore. As my old favorite (and still my mental image of the perfect Marine) would say, "Shaaa-zaaaaam! How cool is that, SGT Carter?"

We called this the Spider Cafe. It was really called Cappicino's or something equally uninspired. I thought this was pretty unique.
A typical training session. I was there to observe and learn from Christine there so I could start picking up some of the load for teaching this particular configuration.
We were training in this building on the 18th (top) floor. It was a pretty nice building, but being California, there was f course some serious silliness as you will see in the next photo.
Yep. Our pretty, pretty building came with its very own warning label. Me? Ain't skeered!
Karma lives in Malibu. But Karma's office is here.
Sorry. I was a sucker for the palm trees.
I thought gas was pretty expensive. But everything is relative. Check out what Mr. Conrad Hilton things a 20 oz Coke is worth.
What can I say. Expense account or not, I wasn't paying this.
No urbane comment available.
This was a small patch of dirt. About the size of one good building. I got a kick out of the seperate gates below.
All the leaves are gone..., out
Ramblin' Ed

5 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Compared to the USA, California is a foreign country, and should be treated as such. We've had a serious employee shortage at Nikon for the past 3 years, mainly because we can't convince anyone to move to this state.

Pipedragger

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Christine planning on drinking that whole bottle by herself!?

A.G.T. (AKA "Other")

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm convinced, Pipedragger!

The other A.G.T. (AKA "Anonymous")

8:37 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Gunner, she had already refilled it once.

What are you convinced of? Moving to CA?

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, no, R'Ed. I served my time in Kalifornia back in late 60s, 10 months in fact. I wormed my way into a short assignment to Denver to get out of there.

A.G.T.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home