Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I think mine just may be bigger

Every so often I cuss. The occasion calls for it. What occasion? Well, if I cussed, I cussed. So it was an occasion. And it must have called for cussing. What else can I tell you?

They say if you cuss it shows you have a limited vocabulary. I beg to differ the point. I have a fairly extensive vocabulary. Large enough, it would seem, to include cuss words. So by my reckoning, if you also have a fairly big vocabulary, but it doesn't include cussing, well.... looks like mine's bigger. Sorry, chap, it's a cruel, cruel world.

When I was a kid near Wilmington, NC somehow the word "shoot" got into my vocabulary. "Shoot! I missed the bus." "Well shooooot.... what are we gonna do now?" One day my normally mild mannered dad surprised the heck out of me when he semi-snapped and hollered at me, "If you mean SHIT then say SHIT!!" Well, shoot Dad, I didn't know it was permissible. Have you conferred with Mom on that?

Snackin Frackin @!!#??*!, Out
Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, I like "Shoot", it's very Mayberyish.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home