Monday, July 21, 2008

Pictures and Videos

I have a real post in me soon. The ride out here was less than pleasurable, but that is a rant for another time. I am in Phoenix. It is clear that my company is not in the travel business. How else to explain how I find my happy ass in NH in February and now in the desert in mid-July. Suffice to say, it is rather warm here.

Hey, I apologize for the formatting. Blogger weirds out on you when you start doing more than typing.


A quick video of what I go through to bring you this stuff. Takes about 50 seconds, the video stopped after 39. Such is my existence.

A rainbow in the neighborhood. Actually, if you look to the right, you'll notice it is a double rainbow.

Street signs are just more entertaining in Los Angeles

This dang sandwhich, which I got in Detroit (OK, OK, it was Romulus, MI) must have weighed 3 pounds! I could barely finish a half in one sitting.




Who can resist a munchkin in a fedora? Even if it is a plastic fedora.

He seemed contented enough.


I figure an artist or sculptor lived here. The glass bambooy things caught my eye, but there was a lot of stuff hanging out in that yard if you just looked.



Tattoo parlor, Venice Beach, CA







Been on the road too long. I forgot that in Florida you gotta check for fire ants before kneeling in the grass to weed a flower bed. Little suckers that did this were tiny, like fleas, but they chomped me up, but good. They tend to get a whole gang together on you first, then commence to biting you in unison. Neighbors all know what is going on when they look up and see you doing the "I'VE GOT FIRE ANTS ON ME!!" dance.


An unconcerned osprey watching us fish.






Most effective way that I have found for virus removal. When I could get on the internet fine but could not connect to my anti-virus update site I got suspicious and wiped the whole disk.

Riding shotgun in the wife's car makes you feel like a sled dog in the middle of the pack. The 3 puppies nod in agreement.











A relaxing drive between Naples and Miami on the Tamiami Trail (US 41).








Heading East from Miami into The Everglades.




The fence you see is invisible, out
Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger sage said...

I'd say your company is either out to get you, or figures they can keep you inside doing work if they send you to where it's too hot or cold go sightseeing... Why anyone would want to live in Phoenix, I don't know--I was once talking with someone about a position in Vegas. I suggested I'd be interested if they gave me an 8 month a year contract--October-May--needlessly to say the conversation was only that.

interesting photos

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home