Friday, May 30, 2008

You've got a sensitive conscience, Dan, and that's not my favorite part of you

Crowe said that to Bale in 3:10 to Yuma. Crowe had another great line, saying, "Even bad men love their mamas'" as he threw the railroad bounty hunter off of the cliff.

I'm not a big fan of westerns and the whole white hat/black hat thing. Could never get into John Wayne and his tough guy "I'm gonna kick your butt, you varmint", persona with the guys and his "Aw shucks, pretty lady" with the women. I grew up watching movies in the 70's with their sad sack anti-heros and all. Maybe that's why. Plus, on Saturday afternoons we had a lot of swamp dwelling monsters and radioactive, city destroying insects to deal with. But, with that bit of trivia out of the way, I pretty much enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma.

You ever been walking through town, you and a friend, and you each thought the other was leading? You thought you were following them somewhere and they, in turn, think they are following you. So you kinda meander all over the sidewalk, drift away from each other then over correct course and bump into each other until finally one of you says, "Just where in the heck are we going, anyway?" And the other of you turns and says, "I don't know. I thought I was following you someplace." Used to happen to me and FRL a lot back in the day, in San Diego and, surprisingly enough, Olongapo, Philippines. Two meandering fools. Anyway, we're still fast (as opposed to quick, I suppose) friends and the phenomena is known, I believe, as Asynchronous Buddyism. Or at least it should be.

Not much going on. Still sitting in a hotel in Irving, Texas and calling it Dallas. I have tomorrow off and intend to go exploring. Maybe hit a dance hall in the evening if my yankee co-hort is up to it. I have been listening to a great station that plays the singer songwriters I like. I tuned it in and they played Billy Joe Shaver followed by Todd Snider. There was some Robert Earl Keen and a few others that escape me right now. They are all folks who have been around a while and have been pretty prolific. They all have large followings for their shows, but you just DO NOT hear them on the radio. All things considered, I could move here just for the radio station.

It's the stupid economy, out
Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Try www.wncw.org. Weekdays. Weeknights. Saturday nights are for Blues.
You just may dig it.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home