Friday, May 23, 2008

Little pictures have big ears

I did not get out in Denver as I had hoped. First off I wa busy working and the city was actually 15 or 20 miles away. I stayed in what amounted to a little hotel village near the airport, a dot of 7 hotels, a Bennigans and a Ruby Tuesdays, surrounded by prarie and tumbleweeds. And squished prarie dogs who, apparently, for all their scurrying around, aren't all that fast. Or maybe they're just not nimble. But they flatten out nicely, little tan dots on the blacktop.

Here are some pics from my one day off in NM. And yes, I know I am no Annie Liebowitz.









Hard to follow the road, actually. There were just bits and pieces of it. Mostly you'd drive a couple of miles and it would dump you on I-40. Disappointing. But I'm taking credit for the drive anyway.
RT 66 getting ready to end on me. Again.



The suburbs. Note the telephone box. CVS or Walgreens can't be far behind.
It was hot. I know, I know... it's a DRY heat. The beer was not hot . twas tasty, too.




The title is, of course, an obscure John Prine lyric from "Sam Stone"





With a two pack habit and a motel tan, out
Ramblin' Ed

3 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep,
That's ABQ. Taking pictures of the place in the middle of the day with a camera set to automatic really makes the place look bleak. Glad to hear you had a good time on route 66, even though there is little left of it...

Pipedragger

11:41 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I recently there, she as not bleak. Looks like I lost contact with her though...Dangit. But, I sa Denver. Never been there, but, being the Libertarian I am, Bob Barr seems to be there man. They had the convention in Denver. Alright, it's a nice day, have to work tonight. I best get busy.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh that didn't read right. I said, and it did not show, I recently met a gal from out there, that now resides in Ga. She was not bleak.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home