Wednesday, March 05, 2008

There will be a test

I hang out with people. Anybody who makes me laugh. Or that I can make laugh. Or that can sit around with me, enjoying the soft, sweet fragrance of the orange blossoms without feeling like we ought to be "accomplishing" something.

Some of these folks and me don't exactly make a logical match... on paper. But hey, life's too short. I mean, fill in the blanks. It's too short for a lot of crap, and a lot of it's crap that we do. So I try to not, which is easy when you don't think about things too hard or worry about things that are gonna happen regardless. Yep, laziness is a virtue. Or, at the least, not a vice.

There are a lot of things I have learned. Unfortunately, there's a whole lot more that I haven't. But, one thing that I did figure out was that you can't shop vac a house full of pet hair. Seemed like a good idea. It had a big hose and big suction. There was a wicked long cord and it rolled easy. Unfortunately, while the suction was good, the exhaust was gooder, spreading the pet hair and my sense of futility, all about the house. I knew Tim Allen, and you sir are no Tim Allen.

Here is a quote from the local paper about one of our state senators from here. Short version of the story is that she is another of them we are chock full of down here that doesn't believe in science. Since a law or bill or something was passed allowing evoloution to be taught in the schools*, she is sponsoring a bill that says, basically, "or the teacher can teach any other alternative theory they would like." I'm sure I know what she meant, but what she said is a lot more open ended. So Steve Otto says, and I quote, "The real problem - other than the bill is just goofy and helps to confirm Valrico as the center of whatever force it is sucking the brain power out of our lives....." (my italics) That cracked me up! Now, as you know, I'm pretty live and let live. In fact, my motto is "Ramblin' Ed cares about YOU". But I have always had a strong "Anybody but Ronda Storms" bent to my local politics.

* To be so totally obsessed with our schools, we sure produce some dumb asses

Headed up to Prividence, RI. I hope the food is good. Got a whole week up there as they are having our equipment newly installed, so it will be classes from scratch. Well, at least they won't keep contridicting me with those pesky "facts".

I suppose I am now oficially a teenybopper. I cannot think of any good reason for it and I can't look myself in the mirror for it, but two of my favorite American Idol contestants are Daniel Ortega (yes, I know...dictator) and David Archuletta. Both are kids, and one, maybe both, are a bit light in the loafers. In fact, you can just hear Ortega singing "Do you really want to hurt me?" I'm not sure if Archuletta is gay or just a really, really earnest mama's boy. But DANG!, he can sing.

I found out I accidntally taped the the Super Bowl starting at the half time show. I thought I'd be getting Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, etc. That was a pleasant surprise, seeing as how I didn't get to see the game while on vacation and I didn't have Dad tape it as I figured the Patriots were a slam dunk to win it.

Listen to this closely. It has a lesson for you. Plus there'll be a test.




It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men, out

Ramblin' ED



5 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I feel like I should saunter down in a Florida direction a get a biology teaching job just so I can educate my students in the ways of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and the Invisible Pink Unicorn. Not that I believe in them mind you...more to prove a point.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Dude... you lost me. I understood everything up to the saunter.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I'll take A Blessing and a Curse for 100...

Flying Spaghetti Monster...We'll put the dogs on it...

8:08 AM  
Blogger sage said...

"Yep, laziness is a virtue. Or, at the least, not a vice."

I may have to borrow that line!

Have fun in Rhode Island, the seafood should be good up there, especially the lobster and clam chowder.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice acoustic music. I noticed the singer does a thumb over for some of the chords.

Since I missed the quiz, I've got one: What singer at Woodstock used and still uses the thumb over technique when chording?


No, not Arlo Guthrie.

Nope, not Dylan. He turned down the invitation as he was disgusted with all the hippies hanging out in front of his house. [True story, BTW]


Give up?

Here's a hint, he was the opening act on Day One.

Still don't know?

Go see for yourself, just scroll down a bit at this webpage.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home