Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Continuation of photographs

Things are winding down. I am starting to look towards next week and my trip to L.A. I have enjoyed the time off, but like a lot of people, too much time with no discernable structure wears thin. That is true now; I am ready to get back onto a schedule.

I bought a bunch of CDs last night. I’d like to say they were an eclectic mix, but I fear that they were actually rather pedestrian choices.
1. Led Zeppelin – Mothership. First Zep album I have ever bought. Ever. 2 CDs, basically a greatest hits package.
2. Elton John – Madman Across the Water A Japanese issue that supposedly recreates the vinyl sound qualities. We’ll see. Has the great title track and Rotten Peaches.
3. Eagles – Long Road Out of Eden. Well, why not see what the boys have been up to?
4. Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here. Only their greatest album ever. All 5 songs of it.
5. Amy Winehouse – Back to Black What can I say? Cute, sultry and slutty. 5 Grammys.
6. Billy Joel – 12 Gardens Live Two disks recorded live a Madison Square Garden in 2006

YouTube and Pandora have ruined me for buying music, as I can just dial up whatever I want, whenever I want it. I bought these CDs with an eye towards having some new stuff to listen to on my daily commute down to St. Pete.

OK, let’s get you out of here with some pictures, shall we?

I must admit that when I was studying international law, it was my desire to work with the United Nations, out
Ramblin’ Ed
Back on the bus, Vacation Monks. No pushing:
This is what 4 to t tuk-tuk looks like. Ouen is sitting on the floor:
Yes...Maybe...Wait, whaaat?
The old city:
One of the beheaded Buddhas. Remember, slobbering hordes of Burmese...:
Look at the sci-fi tuk-tuks:
Pimp my ride, yo:
The "Beach" by the pool:

3 comments:

Blogger Parasquid said...

Did you buy the CD's from a street vendor? or a legit store? just asking to see if they play or not?! LOL. the Mothership is supposed to be a re-release of Song Remains the Same? with 4 more tracks i think...unless i am thinking of something else...could be...all the fatty tissue surrounding my brain that retains my memory is going away, therefore, i can no longer remember things that are more than 1 hour old!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

From a store. About $11 or so.

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We always called the pedi-cabs samlars. Don't remember what we called the motorized ones and actually I don't recall seeing too many motorized one up around Udorn. There were more baht buses around town than anything else. Of course that was 42 years ago.

When I was at Utapao a 2 years later I used to go to Pattaya beach occasionally and it was about 4 or 5 small hotels and a few bars and lots of open beach. I understand that has changed somewhat over the years.

Oh, good to see you made it back okay.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home