Friday, December 28, 2007

Comatose Cow : Meat... or Vegetable?

The question popped into my head at the surprise 80th birthday party for a neighbor of mine. My own mom was trying to decide what she was eating, or as she so eloquently put it, "This is some fried I don't know what." I don't do "I don't know what", be it fried, sauteed, or lightly breaded. I had darn well better know not only what it is, but also what it was. And what it was had better have been something either mooed, oinked, or made whatever noise it is that cheese makes. That's all I'm saying.

While we are on the subject of food, and I preface this with the fact that I am indeed a bona fide Southerner, what exactly is the point of okra? I mean, I know that technically the small, kinda tapered end is the point. But seriously, it looks pretty disgusting cooked, and just looks like a weed uncooked. If you don't know what okra is, that's cool, enjoy your snow.

I built a pretty secure, Fort Knox like chain link kennel over the last 3 days. I took everything in to account that I could. I laid fence along the floor, so as to thwart digging. I hose clamped every wall, corner, joint and door down every 3-6 inches to eliminate gaps that can be squeezed through. I bolted the top down. Then I fenced in the gaps that appeared too small to worry about. Bella should not be able to dig out, chew out, jump out or squeeze out. Watch this space for stories of Bella, the amazing teleporting dog! I mean, so far, everytime I figure I have her outfoxed I am quickly proven wrong.

Speaking of Bella, does this look like my wife spoils her? Just a little?

Devoted to bringing you as much information as possible on the sweet herb stevia, out
Ramblin' Ed
A little Neal Coty for you. Couldn't find the song I wanted, When I See Jesus (Walk Across Lake Pontchartrain), but I like this one a lot too. Yes, it is true. I am tainted. Unfortunately, embedding has been disabled by request, so you gotta click THIS HERE LINK.

1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

R'Ed., wasn't that known as Mystery Meat to those of us who've done time in a military chowline?

Interesting musician there... I bet you've got a Sun Ra CD, don't you, Ed? :-)

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home