Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Do what?

I have spoken before about all of th '07 Acuras and such around here with "W '04" stickers plastered on. I don't see the point in it. Really, I don't. Even if I didn't consider it advertising that you helped make a big mistake, which I did too, but c'mon people. That was almost 4 years ago. It's over now.

However, I saw a bumper sticker on a late model Chevy yesterday that made me smile. It was driven by two young women (well, OK, only one was actually driving) in their early 20's. I always read bumper stickers since they are not so prolific as they once were. Anyway, these girls had "Ross Perot in '92 Take back your country". I could not help but smile at that.

My first mother in law was dating a guy from Plain Dealing, LA, and how can you not love a town named that? Anyway, his name was Cecil. He wasn't as big as who done it and he looked, and sounded, just like Ross Perot. He cracked me up. He couldn't read, so he'd hand me a map and say, "I have a way I usually go, but look at this and tell me what you think is the best way to get to Ft. Smith, Arkansas." I'd do it and not call him on the illiteracy thing. One thing about him though, he was wily, in a country way. He had money. He was a pretty successful farmer. Since he was alone, rather than change the implements on his tractor as the need arose, he bought a new tractor for each implement. Need to disc? Go get that tractor.

Alright, in keeping with my new criteria, this was again the perfect post. How so? It was not something and not quite nothing. So there.

Still ouchless, out
Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, we've been talking about you onmy blog.
yep, I figure that's the man I'll vote for. Two first names...that's cool.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home