Saturday, January 24, 2009

Call me when you're loaded, I was raised on robbery

A quick nod to uptempo Joni Mitchell. You're welcome. Although the actual lyrics are "You're mean when you're loaded, I was raised on robbery"engrish-funny-no-candy-food
see funny english mistakes

7:13 AM. Strong, Cafe DuMond coffee. Now 49 years old. Except for I can't see, can't hear, and my knees are creaky, I still feel like a youngin'. I read a quote the other day. I forgret who said it, but I have to agree. It states:
We are here and it is now. Further than that all human knowledge is moonshine.

Been away from this for a while. Thought about blogging pretty often, acted on it not so often. Like aluminum foil, I have been somewhat reflective lately. Don't know why. Maybe a mid-life thing. I hope not. I can't afford a red sports car and girlfriend half my age.

engrish-funny-beware-monkey
see funny english mistakes

They say it's not work if you enjoy what you're doing, so for 10-11 hours a day I'm at not work. I don't want to bore you with details, so I won't. But you know how sometimes you feel like you really have the hang of something and you're getting better and better, faster and faster? I am in that zone. And it feels pretty good.

Two of my friends have lost their jobs. Makes the sick economy hit close to home when that happens. I was able to sit with one and work on cover letters and resumes and the like. Then, completely without need for help from me, he found his profession in the yellow pages, picked up the phone, and starting with the A's, he started calling and looking for work. Before getting out of the A's he had a job as a supervisor. Unemployed only for one day and then hired with a raise. At least I would suspect there was a raise, but we did not discuss it. I am a lot of things, but crass and uncouth enough to ask for salary details is not two of them.

My other friend, up in PA is not so lucky. She is a few months out of work now and without ready prospects. What could I do? Other than co-miserate. I am a lot of things, but co-miserator is.... well, actually, co-miserator is something I d0 well.

Headed to Orange County and San Jose, CA and then (probably) Boston, and then (assuredly) Iraq. Probably Boston because I need to learn the equipment that the Iraqis bought. While not knowing what I am talking about is not a show-stopper, knowing does lend a certian amount of authenticity to the training. And I am a lot of things, but polyester bride is not one of them. (What?? I dunno...ask Liz Phair.)


Could not contact Blogger.com. Saving and publishing may fail. Retrying...I still cannot get blogger to accept my videos, despite their assurances that it will. Imagine how cool it would be (for me, maybe not so much for you) if I could communicate "in person" in 17 second segments. I could rain down philosophy, candid commentary, and all manner of life's little minutae. Maybe I will just post them to youtube, then link to them from there. Seems dishonest to do it that way, in that I would be using youtube as a conduit into my blog to post what I should be able to add directly. But I imagine the people want action, and action is what they will get. Eventually.




OK, I did this all the dishonest way.

Daily dose of lolcats:
funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

Obama pictures and McCain pictures
see Sarah Palin pictures

fail owned pwned pictures
see more pwn and owned pictures



engrish-funny-turds
see funny english mistakes

He was sitting in the lounge of the Empire Hotel
He was drinking for diversion
He was thinking for himself, out
Ramblin' Ed

4 comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Woot Boston! Will you bring me a camel spider from Iraq?

11:06 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I don't know. I will check the gift shop.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

When they grab you by the hand and walk you around, say, "there is no reason to be afraid, this is how I normally look".

8:02 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

**DISREGARD**

I deleted the email address that is attached to my comments section. I rebuilt the email address and this is a test to see if it will work again.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home