Friday, January 15, 2010

The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a strange protein; it rejects it

In Toronto. Not been what I expected. And the traffic is terrible. Up on the freeway it was Los Angeles or Washington, D.C. terrible. Luckily, the airport district is chock full of stuff to do.

Seems kind of weird to be in Canada in and have the weather be about the same as what I left in Florida. Now I do think Florida has warmed up since I have been gone, but still.

I was informed last night that you can't "look like you're from somewhere." That is a point well taken. I mean, I have thought about it, and she's right. How do you look like you're from somewhere, you know, short of tribal dress or facial tattoos. I guess it would be more likely that you could smell like you're from somewhere. I think that is something that would be possible. Or you could sound like you're from somewhere. Like Bitchyland.
------- End Friday, begin Saturday ---------

Had to drive all the way across Mississagua, a gritty little town whose main claim to fame seems to be strip joints and names that cannot be pronounced, to get there, but I found a great little cajun place called Big Daddy's. The food was good. Real good. My Bostonian friend sampled my jambalaya and immediately ordered his own. You know what the problem with really good food is? But first, this: mouth, stomach, brain. That is the pecking order when it comes to cajun food.

Now for the problem with the cajun foods. See, your brain will say, "We cannot possibly eat anything else." But, as you saw above, brain is last in line in the pecking order. Stomach pipes up and says, "Yes, I think if you give me one good belch I will be able to fit more in." And mouth (AKA my mouf) offers "I don't care what y'all say, this is goooood. GIVE ME MORE!" As you have already surmised, mouf wins.

I killed all day yesterday recovering from a too big lunch`(in my defense I slept past breakfast and didn't eat a dinner) and playing RISK and canasta on the computer. I had done my operator training on Wed. & Thurs. and they were spending Fri. doing the SOP training, which is developed and delivered in house. Sometimes we are allowed to observe it and get an idea on how they intend to use the technology (thanks LAX), but usually not. They were to go live with it today, Saturday, and I was to be on hand to assist the operators if they needed it. I know what you're thinking. Well, Ramblin' Ed, if you observe and/or assist them during the live use of the system, aren't you basically observing their SOP? Ummm.... OK, next question.

Last night about 2030, just after my travel office closed for the weekend, I got the call that go live had been pushed back and I would not be needed. So I am scrambling here to try to get out of Toronto and back to Tampa where I intend to drop my suitcase, comandeer the living room TV (the one with the DVR), and watch the Saints-Cardinals game. Word.

Anyway, time to get moving. I'd love to chat, but I have a country to leave.

As Plato said, Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle, out

Ramblin' Ed

1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home